Early learning and language Internet site & research tool

  • joel_josephson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2003
      We are very happy to announce that the 'Not for profit' Kindersite
      project is now online at http://www.kindersite.org and we invite you
      all to come see and understand what we are trying to achieve.

      PLEASE NOTE. This test version of the site is for educational
      professionals and bone-fide parents of young children ONLY. The
      childrens site is being built seperately.

      There are 2 missions for the project:
      1. To allow early learners worldwide access to the best graded
      content available on the Internet in a safe and secure environment
      and allow them to choose and use the content.
      2. For qualified academic educational and language researchers to
      study the childrens usage of the content and follow up their usage to
      best understand outcomes of how and if technology should be
      integrated in to the educational process and how young children
      relate to non-native language content

      We aks list members to help this stage of the project by:
      1. Joining our advisory board (see
      http://www.kindersite.org/Advisory.htm )
      2. Helping 'tiny testers' to use the site and reporting back to us on
      the outcome (positive or negative) - teachers and parents
      3. Suggesting research projects based on the site
      4. Any other form of help and support - we still desperately need
      additional funding (corporate or private) to move the project on

      Lastly - we are strictly controlling use of the site to ONLY
      professionals in the educational community and parents of young
      children and you will be asked to register to gain entry to the
      working parts of the site. PLEASE DO NOT register any children at
      this stage but only their caregivers.

      Finally please feel free to contact me at the above if you have any
      questions and I hope you enjoy using the site.

      Joel H Josephson, Director
      Web site : http://www.kindersite.org
      Email : joel_Josephson@...
      Early learners, education and technology - answering the questions