Re: [IATEFLComputer Sig] Research into interactive online marking

  • ..::English Studio::..
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2003
      Dear Marc

      I am particularly interested in online teaching/learning, so I am more than
      please when I know that the possibility of marking written work online
      exists.
      However I have noticed that there are little interested in the area of
      ONLINE Teaching/Learning, which could be a reason why I might have some
      reservations. Students do not get so involved in this area if they are not
      particularly fond of internet, I guess. And those who are really involved
      are not so keen on online learning. So it is a really tough area. But one
      day ( I would like to believe so) this kind of method will emerge and become
      popular, so teachers have to be well prepared and equipped when such moment
      comes.
      I've heard about the soft Marking, though I haven't still tried it.
      Regarding whiteboards , I've used the Netmeeting Whiteboard and I
      particularly find it very good to work simultaneously.
      Of course I would really like to know about some other alternatives, so
      please MArc if you need a beta tester for your application do consider
      me.(please browse through my web pages so as to know more about the way I
      work in our profession)
      Hope to keep in touch

      All the best

      Alicia Rey