IATEFL Issues - Calendar of Events in issue 171

  • Martin Eayrs
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2002
      In an attempt to avoid mistakes or omissions in the Calendar of
      Events I would be grateful if you could check the proposed calendar
      for Issues 171 (copied in this mail below).

      The calendar will start from the first week in February. Do let me
      know as soon as possible if you find any errors/omissions.

      My apologies if you receive this request more than once

      Thank you for your time

      Martin Eayrs

      CALENDAR OF EVENTS in Issues 171 (Provisional)

      2003

      31 - 1 Feb
      India
      XXXIV ELTAI Annual Conference: "Teaching English in ESL contexts:
      Theories, Methods and Techniques", Chennai . Contact S. Rajagopalan
      at sadasivraj@...

      31 - 2 Feb
      UK
      TTEd and Research Special Interest Groups Conference: "The role of
      research in teacher education", Nottingham Trent University. Contact
      IATEFL Head Office.

      February

      7-9
      Germany
      Joint IATEFL ESP & TEA SIGs Workshop Conference on "English for
      Specific Purposes and Testing, Evaluation & Assessment" Bielefeld.
      Submissions deadline: 1 Nov 2002.Contact wolfgang.ridder@...

      28 - 2 Mar
      Romania
      11th BETA Conference: "Trans-curricular approaches to teaching
      English, Bucharest". Submissions deadline 20 Dec 2002. Contact Ioana
      Serbanescu at betarom@...

      March

      12-14
      UAE
      9th International TESOL Arabia Conference 2003: "English Language
      Teaching in the I.T. Age", Dubai. Contact Kathy Bird at
      Kathy_bird@...

      April

      4-6
      Spain
      TESOL Spain 26th Annual Convention, Valencia. Submissions deadline 31
      Oct 2002. Contact Carmen Pinilla Padilla at seminar@...

      10-13
      Croatia
      11th Annual HUPE Conference, Pula. Contact Vesna Vyroubal at vesna@...

      23-26
      UK
      37th International IATEFL Conference, Brighton. Contact
      generalenquiries@...

      26-29
      USA
      37th Annual TESOL Convention: "Hearing every Voice", Baltimore.
      Contact conventions@...

      28-30
      Portugal
      17th Annual Conference APPI, "Rethinking language Resources",
      Sesimbra. Contact Isabel Brites at appiconference@...

      May

      18-20
      Malaysia
      7th MELTA Biennial International Conference: "English language
      Education: Transcending Boundaries", Subang Jaya, Selangor.
      Submissions deadline 1 Dec. 2002. Contact: melta@...

      31
      Lebanon
      6th Annual ATEL Conference, Beirut. Contact Randa Al-Chidiac
      randa.alchidiac@...

      June

      6-7
      Hong Kong
      3rd International IT & Multimedia in ELT Conference (ITMELT 2003). Details at
      http://elc.polyu.edu.hk/conference/

      19-22
      UK
      20th Anniversary International SEAL Conference, "Lightening Learning
      - Awakening Consciousness", Keele. Contact Hugh L'Estrange at
      seal@...

      July

      2-5
      South Africa
      21st World Congress Fédération Internationale de Professeurs de
      Langues Vivantes, Johannesburg. Contact SAALT at fiplv@...

      August

      21-22
      Estonia
      EATE Summer Seminar, Prnu. Contact Juta Hennoste at jutahennoste@...

      22-25
      Uruguay
      Fifth Southern Cone Tesol Regional Convention, Montevideo. Contact
      Solange Espina at read@...

      30 - 1 Sep
      Hungary
      Teachers Develop, Teachers Research 6, Nyíregyháza. Submission
      deadline 1 Mar 2003. Contact Tamás Kiss at schoolex@...

      September

      12-14
      Spain
      19th Jornadas para la Enseñanza de Inglés, Granada. Contact Simon
      Andrewes at andrewes@...

      17-20
      Russia
      Lateum 7th International Conference, "Towards interactive EL teaching
      and EL learning", Moscow. Contact Elena Yakovleva at
      engdept@...

      25-28
      Croatia
      IATEFL-e 2003, Zagreb. Contact Roy Cross at roy.cross@...

      October

      3-5
      Hungary
      13th IATEFL Hungary Conference, Budapest. Contact conference@...

      23-25
      The Netherlands
      ICL 2003: Integrating content and language, Maastricht. Contact Bob
      Wilkinson at b.wilkinson@...

      November

      13-15
      Canada
      TESL Canada 17th Conference, Vancouver: "Connecting Communities:
      Inspirations and Aspirations". Contact Carol May at admin@...

      2004

      April

      13-14
      UK
      38th Annual International IATEFLConference, Bournmouth. Contact the
      IATEFL office.

      Submissions for the calendar are welcome and should be sent to
      kirsty@... and copied to the editor at martin@.... It is
      helpful to also include submission deadlines for potential presenters.

      Martin Eayrs mailto:martin@...
      Editor, IATEFL Issues
      PO Box 6095 http://www.iatefl.org
      Wivenhoe,
      CO7 9GX Essex
      United Kingdom Fax (UK): (0044)-1-206-826851
      IATEFL is the International Asociation of Teachers of
      English as a Foreign Language