Re: [IATEFLComputer Sig] free webeditor

  • Eric Baber
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2002
      Hi Robert,

      > Does anyone know of a free webeditor available to download from the
      > internet? I am looking for something similar to Frontpage

      FrontPage Express is free - it's a smaller version of FrontPage, basically.
      If you've got Windows98 you should have it pre-installed already; otherwise
      you should be able to download it for free from the MS website.

      Eric
    • Robert O'Dowd
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 29, 2002
        Thanks Eric, we`re going to try that one.
        Hope all is well with you, By the way, do you know if they are going to
        publish our papers on videoconferening in the IATEFL SIG journal? I thought
        it would have happened by now.
        Best, robert

        > Does anyone know of a free webeditor available to download from the
        > internet? I am looking for something similar to Frontpage

        FrontPage Express is free - it's a smaller version of FrontPage, basically.
        If you've got Windows98 you should have it pre-installed already; otherwise
        you should be able to download it for free from the MS website.

        Eric

      • Geoff Taylor
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 29, 2002
          Dear Robert

          >> Does anyone know of a free webeditor available to download from the
          >> internet? I am looking for something similar to Frontpage

          There's also Composer, a free Web editor that comes as part of the Netscape
          Web browser package. To quote from the latest version (7) FAQs page:

          "Netscape Composer is an editor that lets you create your own
          standards-compliant web documents. You don't have to know HTML to use
          Composer; it is as easy to use as a word processor. Toolbar buttons let you
          add lists, tables, images, links to other pages, colors, and font styles.
          You can see what your document will look like on the Web as you create it,
          and you can easily share your document with other users, no matter what type
          of browser or HTML capable e-mail program they use. With new One-Button
          Publishing you can easily save web documents to a server of your choice in
          just a few clicks."

          More info & download links at:
          http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/default.jsp

          Geoff Taylor