intercultural e-mail exchange

  • Robert O'Dowd
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2002
      Greetings to everyone from a new member,
      I am looking for a partner class of university students which
      would take part in an intercultural e-mail exchange with my class of 3rd
      year students of EFL here at the University of Essen in Germany. The
      exchange might be of interest for a teacher who has a class of advanced EFL
      learners,
      or a class of English native speakers who are studying TEFL
      or intercultural communication.

      No specific technical knowledge is necessary to organise such an exchange. I
      would be interested in putting
      into practice the principles of 'ethnography for language learners' on a
      virtual level in the exchange.

      My classes begin next week and we could begin the exchange as soon as
      possible.

      If anybody is interested - or who has a colleague who might be, please get
      in contact with me at:
      robert.odowd@...

      Many thanks, Robert O'Dowd

      University of Essen
      Fachbereich 3 - Anglistik
      Universitätsstr. 12
      45141 Essen, Germany
      Tel: 49 201 183 3447
      http://www.uni-essen.de/odowd/
    • jodie williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2002
        --- Robert O'Dowd <robert.odowd@...> wrote:
        > Greetings to everyone from a new member,
        > I am looking for a partner class of university
        > students which
        > would take part in an intercultural e-mail exchange
        > with my class of 3rd
        > year students of EFL here at the University of Essen
        > in Germany. The
        > exchange might be of interest for a teacher who has
        > a class of advanced EFL
        > learners,
        > or a class of English native speakers who are
        > studying TEFL
        > or intercultural communication.
        >
        > No specific technical knowledge is necessary to
        > organise such an exchange. I
        > would be interested in putting
        > into practice the principles of 'ethnography for
        > language learners' on a
        > virtual level in the exchange.
        >
        > My classes begin next week and we could begin the
        > exchange as soon as
        > possible.
        >
        > If anybody is interested - or who has a colleague
        > who might be, please get
        > in contact with me at:
        > robert.odowd@...
        >
        > Many thanks, Robert O'Dowd
        >
        > University of Essen
        > Fachbereich 3 - Anglistik
        > Universit�tsstr. 12
        > 45141 Essen, Germany
        > Tel: 49 201 183 3447
        > http://www.uni-essen.de/odowd/
        >
        > Dear Robert,
        It's a great a idea, but would you be willing to let
        intermediate students participate too? Also our
        students our civil servants of all ages not university
        students.
        Jodie Williams
        Centro Navarro de Autoprendizaje de Idiomas
        C/Compa�ia 6
        Pamplona
        Navarra
        Espa�a

        http://faith.yahoo.com
      • Robert O'Dowd
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 17, 2002
          I'm sorry Jodie but I have found partners already.
          Many thanks, Robert

          > Greetings to everyone from a new member,
          > I am looking for a partner class of university
          > students which
          > would take part in an intercultural e-mail exchange
          > with my class of 3rd
          > year students of EFL here at the University of Essen
          > in Germany. The
          > exchange might be of interest for a teacher who has
          > a class of advanced EFL
          > learners,
          > or a class of English native speakers who are
          > studying TEFL
          > or intercultural communication.
          >
          > No specific technical knowledge is necessary to
          > organise such an exchange. I
          > would be interested in putting
          > into practice the principles of 'ethnography for
          > language learners' on a
          > virtual level in the exchange.
          >
          > My classes begin next week and we could begin the
          > exchange as soon as
          > possible.
          >
          > If anybody is interested - or who has a colleague
          > who might be, please get
          > in contact with me at:
          > robert.odowd@...
          >
          > Many thanks, Robert O'Dowd
          >
          > University of Essen
          > Fachbereich 3 - Anglistik
          > Universitdtsstr. 12
          > 45141 Essen, Germany
          > Tel: 49 201 183 3447
          > http://www.uni-essen.de/odowd/
          >
          > Dear Robert,
          It's a great a idea, but would you be willing to let
          intermediate students participate too? Also our
          students our civil servants of all ages not university
          students.
          Jodie Williams
          Centro Navarro de Autoprendizaje de Idiomas
          C/Compaqia 6
          Pamplona
          Navarra
          Espaqa