Online MOO debate in Barcelona - IATEFL CompSig. Reminder
- Just to remind you that there will be an online debate at GrassRoots
MOO on Saturday, 1st July 2000 at 13.00-14.00, Spanish time (GMT
Speakers; Prof.USchi Felix, Monash University, Australia
Mike Levy, Queensland University, Australia
Marie-Noelle Lamy, The Open University, UK
If you�d like to take part, please check out the website at:
and why not visit the associated forum too (link from website)
and possibly add your own comments?
Among other things, the speakers will address the following questions:
1a. Why should our students use the Internet - after all, *I*
am paid to teach them!
1b. What can a computer do that I can�t do at least as well
in the classroom?
2. I want to put my coursebook on the Internet. Do you have
3. What�s the difference between teaching online and in a classroom
. it looks the same to me!
4. I�ve heard it takes more time to teach on the Internet than
face-to-face. Is this true?
5. I get my students to use the Internet to chat, but they soon
lose interest, so why bother?
Why not come and ask your own questions of our guests?
And don�t forget, there are only *40* guest characters at GrassRoots,
so come early to get online if you don�t already have a character
of your own.
All the best,
truna, Lesley, Markus & Larry
Sent using MailStart.com ( http://MailStart.Com/welcome.html )
The FREE way to access your mailbox via any web browser, anywhere!