Online MOO debate in Barcelona - IATEFL CompSig. Reminder

  • leshield@halley.yadata.com.br
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2000
      Just to remind you that there will be an online debate at GrassRoots
      MOO on Saturday, 1st July 2000 at 13.00-14.00, Spanish time (GMT
      +2)

      Speakers; Prof.USchi Felix, Monash University, Australia
      Mike Levy, Queensland University, Australia
      Marie-Noelle Lamy, The Open University, UK

      If you�d like to take part, please check out the website at:

      http://www.fed.qut.edu.au/tesol/cmc/barcelona

      and why not visit the associated forum too (link from website)
      and possibly add your own comments?

      Among other things, the speakers will address the following questions:

      1a. Why should our students use the Internet - after all, *I*
      am paid to teach them!

      1b. What can a computer do that I can�t do at least as well
      in the classroom?

      2. I want to put my coursebook on the Internet. Do you have
      any advice?

      3. What�s the difference between teaching online and in a classroom
      . it looks the same to me!

      4. I�ve heard it takes more time to teach on the Internet than
      face-to-face. Is this true?

      5. I get my students to use the Internet to chat, but they soon
      lose interest, so why bother?

      Why not come and ask your own questions of our guests?

      And don�t forget, there are only *40* guest characters at GrassRoots,
      so come early to get online if you don�t already have a character
      of your own.

      All the best,

      truna, Lesley, Markus & Larry

      -----