Re: [IATEFLComputer Sig] Placement Tests

  • Maria Jordano
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2002
      Hi Jodie,
      I haven't tried this yet, but the page itself is one of my favorites:
      http://www.bellenglish.com/courses/activities/assessmentTest.asp
      I know another one offered by Reward CD Rom method, but it is only up to Upper Intermediate level (the couse we have in the Lab, which is great, by the way)
      http://www.reward-net.co.uk/placement.htm
      I think The British Council has another one but I cannot find it now.
      Kind Regards,
      Mar�a Jordano
      Sophie and Yiannis Georgiou <yiansoph@...> wrote: Jodie Williams posted this message to the group:

      Dear Sig members,
      Could anyone recommend reliable software for placement
      tests apart from the Oxford Quick Placement Test? The
      test itself is good,but due to a fault in the
      programme it breaks down on every 3 students.
      Thanks
      Jodie Williams

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Miriam Schwiening
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 15, 2002
        Dear Jodie

        I was interested to read this as I am thinking of using the Oxford QPT. Do
        you know if it is a general problem with the test itself or if it is to do
        with the setup you're using. Have you taken it up with OUP?

        Miriam Schwiening

        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2002
          --- Miriam Schwiening
          <Miriam.Schwiening@...> wrote:
          > Dear Jodie
          >
          > I was interested to read this as I am thinking of
          > using the Oxford QPT. Do
          > you know if it is a general problem with the test
          > itself or if it is to do
          > with the setup you're using. Have you taken it up
          > with OUP?
          >
          > Miriam Schwiening

          The problem with the Oxford QPT is with the program
          itself. We have a wad of e mails communicated to them
          which were originally to solve teething problems with
          the set up, but once these were solved the test still
          failed. It turned out to be an incurable fault and
          Oxford will let us know when they have fixed it.

          http://health.yahoo.com
        • Sophie and Yiannis Georgiou

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 30, 2002
              Dear Sig Members

              Does anyone know of a reliable placement test that covers all levels and
              that can be easily networked? I have looked at the Oxford Placement Test and
              the technical side is still ropey.

              Thanks, Miriam

              the system manager.

              www.mimesweeper.com