Call for articles

  • Martin Eayrs
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2002
      I am section editor of the 'Modern English Teacher'
      magazine with specific responsibility for articles
      relating to computers, CALL and IT/ELT related issues.

      I should like to extend an invitation to list members
      to submit articles for inclusion in coming issues.

      If you are not familiar with MET you can access sample
      articles on the public area of the OnlineMET site at
      http://www.onlineMET.com As the MET site has its main
      members' area passworded I should be happy to send a
      couple of additional PDFs of articles if requested.

      If you would like a copy of the 'Guide to Contributors'
      in RTF or PDF format please let me know.

      Thanking you for your time,

      Martin

      --
      ------------------------
      Reply to: Martin Eayrs
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2011
        Dear Learning Technologies SIG Members,

        Articles are requested for the forthcoming issue of CALL Review, the
        newsletter of the Learning Technologies Special Interest Group of
        IATEFL.

        Contributions can be on any topic relating to the use of technology in
        ELT, either classroom-based technologies from CD-players to interactive
        whiteboards or remote technologies such as distance learning, Moodles,
        Skype, or Second Life. Topics relating to technical aspects of testing,
        ELT management and administration, course and materials development are
        also of interest. Anything, in fact, to do with the interface between
        technology and the language teacher or learner.

        There is no fixed length for contributions, so whether you have a lot to
        say or would simply like to share your news and views on the use of
        technology in language learning, CALL Review provides an excellent
        opportunity to reach our worldwide membership.

        Please consider if you would like to submit any of the following:

        Feature articles
        Book reviews
        Hardware and software reviews
        Interviews
        Conference reports
        Announcements of forthcoming events
        Photographs, screenshots
        Anything not included above that might be of interest to our members.

        Contributions should be sent as Word documents with any graphics
        attached as separate JPEGs. No special formatting is required.

        The deadline for the spring issue is 31 March 2011.

        Detailed guidelines for submissions can be found on the LTSIG website
        at:

        http://ltsig.org.uk/newsletter.html
        <http://ltsig.org.uk/newsletter.html>

        Please send your contributions to: m.claypole@...
        <mailto:m.claypole@...>
        with a copy to mauriceclaypole@...
        <mailto:mauriceclaypole@...> .

        If you wish to discuss ideas for contributions, please feel free to
        contact me by e-mail or Skype.

        Skype name: MauriceClaypole

        I look forward to hearing from you.

        Best wishes,

        Maurice Claypole
        Editor, CALL Review
        The Journal of the IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG