(Rescheduled )SenseiOnline presents 17th Benkyoukai (Study Forum) Miyuki Fukai "Possibility of the Internet to Integrate the National Standards into the Classroom: Evidence from A Pilot Study with Advanced-Level Learners of Japanese"

  • Keiko Schneider
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2002
      Dear fellow language professionals and techies,

      Info Page http://www.sabotenweb.com/bookmarks/about/17thbenkyoukai.html

      (Rescheduled) SenseiOnline presents 17th Benkyoukai (Study Forum)
      Miyuki Fukai "Possibility of the Internet to Integrate the National
      Standards into the Classroom: Evidence from A Pilot Study with Advanced-
      Level Learners of Japanese"

      Januray 11th (Friday), 2002 at 4pm EST, 1pm PST
      3pm CST, 11am Hawaii, 9pm GMT, 12th 6am Japan, 8am Sydney, if this
      calculation is correct.)

      How long?
      For about 50 minutes

      Whos is the invited speaker?
      Miyuki Fukai

      Miyuki Fukai is a Ph.D. student of Language Education, School of
      Education at Indiana University Bloomington (IUB). Between 1995 and 1997,
      she participated in the Japanese Exchange (JALEX) program sponsored by
      the Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership and taught Japanese in
      a high school and middle school in Columbus, Indiana.

      Short description of the presentation

      I'm going to present how the World Wide Web and/or e-mail can help
      teachers and learners meet the National Standards. I draw upon evidence
      from my pilot study and share some ideas of internet-based activities to
      address the Japanese Standards.

      What is going to happen?
      Miyuki sensei's paper is at
      http://homepage.mac.com/mfukai/conference/senseionline.html

      So read the paper above and go to TAPPED IN. There will be MIyuki sensei
      and other participants. TAPPED IN is open to everybody and the
      presentation will be done in English.

      Where?
      TAPPED IN is letting us use their space. Please go to
      http://www.sabotenweb.com/bookmarks/about/17thbenkyoukai.html for
      detailed Guest log in info. No sign up necessary. Please log in a few
      minutes early to get used to the environment or do practice before the
      actual session.

      If I can't attend? If I am too sleepy?
      The lof of the event will be kept in After School Online Room at TAPPED
      IN and TAPPED IN members can retrieve it anytime. For non-members of
      TAPPED IN, please write to Keiko Schneider.

      Please send any question to the Manager at kschnei@... I look
      forward to seeing you all!

      Sincerely yours,
      Keiko Schneider