SenseiOnline presents 18th Benkyoukai (Study Forum) Deb Blaz "USING PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENTS"

  • Keiko Schneider
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2001
      Dera fellow language educators and techies,

      Info Page http://www.sabotenweb.com/bookmarks/about/18thbenkyoukai.html

      SenseiOnline presents 18th Benkyoukai (Study Forum)
      Deb Blaz "USING PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENTS"

      December 11th (Tuesday), 2001 at 7pm EST, 4pm PST
      6pm CST, 2pm Hawaii, midnight GMT, 12th 9am Japan, 11am Sydney, if this
      calculation is correct.

      How long?
      For about 50 minutes

      Whos is the invited speaker?
      Deb Blaz

      Deb Blaz, a full-time French teacher at Angola High School in Angola,
      Indiana, is the author of three books on foreign language teaching
      strategies and a frequent workshop presenter, live, via video and on-
      line. She has been named French Teacher of the Year for Indiana,
      honorable mention to the USA Today All-America Teacher Team, as well as
      receiving the Project E Excellence in Education award. (This is a non-
      member contribution. She told me she took Japanese classes in college.)

      Short description of the presentation

      A discussion and exchange of ideas on how to assess student achievement
      to involve students more directly in the process, and to more accurately
      reflect the greater variety of teaching strategies now used in the classroom.

      What is going to happen?
      Deb's paper is at
      http://www.sabotenweb.com/bookmarks/about/blaz.html

      So read the paper above and go to TAPPED IN. There will be Deb and other
      participants. TAPPED IN is open to everybody and the presentation will be
      done in English.

      Where?
      TAPPED IN is letting us use their space. Please go to
      http://www.sabotenweb.com/bookmarks/about/18thbenkyoukai.html for
      detailed Guest log in info. No sign up necessary. Please log in a few
      minutes early to get used to the environment or do practice before the
      actual session.

      If I can't attend? If I am too sleepy?
      The lof of the event will be kept in After School Online Room at TAPPED
      IN and TAPPED IN members can retrieve it anytime. For non-members of
      TAPPED IN, please write to Keiko Schneider.

      Please send any question to the Manager at kschnei@... I look
      forward to seeing you all!

      Sincerely yours,
      Keiko Schneider