Second call for papers: the ELT online conference

  • Eric Baber
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2001
      With apologies for cross-posting

      Second call for papers: The ELT online conference
      Presentation proposal deadline: 17 August 2001

      The ELT online conference (ELToc, http://www.eltoc.com ) to be held online
      November 10 & 11, 2001 is still inviting presentation proposals. The title
      of the conference is "ELT: Evolution of Learning & Teaching".

      The conference itself will be held entirely online, meaning presenters and
      delegates will take part from anywhere in the world. Presentations are given
      via live audio using the free WindowsMedia system plus pre-prepared visual
      materials using programs such as PowerPoint. The conference will include:

      * keynote speeches by Professor David Nunan, and Dave Sperling (founder of
      Dave's ESL Cafe)
      * two panel-discussions
      * more than 40 presentations

      Over 500 delegates from around the world are expected to attend. All keynote
      speeches, presentations and panel-discussions will be archived, allowing for
      later viewing.

      To give a presentation or to take part in the conference a regular PC with
      modem-speed Internet connection is necessary. For general information about
      the conference please visit http://www.eltoc.com ; for detailed information
      about giving a presentation (including a proposal form) please visit
      http://www.eltoc.com/presinfo.shtml . Submission deadline for presentation
      proposals is August 17, 2001.

      If you have colleagues or friends who might be interested in submitting a
      paper as well, we would appreciate it if you could forward this e-mail to
      them, or make the content of it known to them in some other way.
    • Kurt Kohn
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2001
        Dear all,

        our Project LinguaWeb (EU-Förderprogramm Leonardo da Vinci) is now on the
        web for you with its online language learning modules – we would be very
        grateful if you could help us with the evaluation of our website.

        LinguaWeb uses authentic regional language documents (text, images, sound,
        video) from everyday life, culture and business, to give learners access to
        the language and culture of European regions. Additional learning
        opportunities are provided for standard dialogue situations: travel, hotel
        etc.

        Learners are enabled to explore the language of a particular region via
        immersion-type learning activities. Tutors may want to integrate the
        authentic language resources in their regular courses.

        The target languages of our web prototype are German, Polish, English and
        Irish Gaelic.

        The present EVALUATION, however, only refers to the GERMAN PROTOTYPE
        (Tübingen).

        What to do:
        - Go to http://www.linguaplan.de/linguaweb,
        - click on to the Tübingen site,
        - test some learning modules (“Regional Language Documents” and ”Standard
        Dialogue
        Situations”),
        - fill in the questionnaire and mail or fax it back to us.

        We’re looking forward to your opinion. Thank you very much in advance!

        Best regards,

        Kurt Kohn

        PS: Visit our LinguaWeb Forum on the site!

        Prof. Dr. Kurt Kohn
        Englisches Seminar - Universität Tübingen
        Wilhelmstr. 50, D-72074 Tübingen
        Phone: +49-7071-297 2377
        Fax: +49-7071-29 5079
        kurt.kohn@...
        http://homepages.uni-tuebingen.de/kurt.kohn
        http://www.linguaplan.de

      • Victor Carvajal
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2001
          Dear Collegues,

          I am a little confues.

          what's the difference between CALL ( computer assisted
          language learning) and e-learning mode.

          are not they the same?

          what about with Learning Online? is it e-learning or
          CALL?

          thanks for your help.

          Victor Carvajal
          Mexico city