Livestream of the PCE in Harrogate

  • letstalkonline2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30 8:13 PM
      Dear all,
      May we invite you all to join the livestream of the Pre-Conference Event of the Learning Technologies SIG in Harrogate on Tuesday, 1st April 2014. Come listen to Professor Adrian Holliday, Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith and Nicky Hockly at  http://www.livestream.com/ltsig.
      Here is the programme. All times are UK time (GMT +1).
      09.45Welcome
      10.00Professor Adrian Holliday: Web-based learning, cultural travel and claiming the world
      11.00Coffee break
      11.30Dr Elizabeth Hanson-Smith: The TESOL Technology Standards: Concept and Execution
      12.25Nicky Hockly: Digital Literacies: high-tech, low-tech, and no-tech contexts
      13.05Lunch
      After lunch, there will be workshop sessions and the livestream will join some of the discussion groups looking over shoulders as the attendants are working in groups.
      14.00Workshop sessions on
      • looking at the Can do statements from tech standards for teachers & students
      • using technology for self access / supplementary practice
      • technology to support teacher or student content creation / authoring
      • technology to support student to student communication in L2
      • technology for field work technology to support sharing selected teacher- or student-created information with others (digital curation)
      • criteria for selecting mobile apps - this would build on the tools to help Ts understand possible responses session; people could create their own evaluation rubrics for apps in different classes they teach
      • BYOD
      We are looking forward to you joining us on the livestream chat, contributing to a great offline/online simulcast.
      rgds Heike