Interesting reflection about the Digital Natives myth

  • ltsig01
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 23, 2013
      I would like to share this post by Jeremy Harmer about the Digital Natives myth and how it affects teachers.
      Great read!

      What do you think? Would love to hear your ideas!
      Vicky
    • Kevin Westbrook
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 24, 2013

        Hi,

        Jeremy Harmer has got it spot on! I have been trying to get this across to teachers I meet and train for years, but I always have the feeling they don’t really believe me. I will bookmark this to prove ammunition from a bigger name than I am in the next discussion.

        Thanks for posting that.

        Kevin

        Kevin Westbrook

        Tel:

        +44(0)23 80899012

        Mobile:

        +44(0)789 1143944

        E-Mail:

        office@...

      • ablasky2004

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 12, 2013

            Hi, Kevin and Andy,

            I still cringe at people telling teachers about the digital natives/ immigrants dichotomy because it is simply not true. The term digital pioneer has no age connotation and therefore works much better!

            I guess it takes all of us, digital pioneers, spreading the word and bringing down the myth.

            Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

            Vicky Saumell

          • Weynta