Powerful tools for learning a language

  • M. Iqbal
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2013

      A friend once said one of the hardest things she’d ever done was learn fluent Spanish, even though she was skilled with words as an accomplished journalist. Having moved overseas just before this chat, I had to agree with her. Learning another language is very tricky, even when immersed in the culture, with sounds and accents constantly surrounding you.

      The app I’ve found most powerful is Babbel. It’s a companion to the bigger Babbel online package and covers 11 languages. The different language apps are all similar, and they’re free on iOS and Android. You can set up a free account to keep track of your learning, and this will let you try the full fee-carrying online program.

      http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/26/technology/personaltech/powerful-tools-for-learning-a-language.html?_r=0