LT SIG Webinar with Phil Longwell, Sunday 15 Sept, 2pm GMT

  • letstalkonline2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2013

      Dear all,

      Come join our regular webinar hosted by the Learning Technologies Special Interest Group of IATEL every 3rd Sunday of the month. You do not need to be a member to attend, however, the recordings are reserved for LT SIG members only.

      This coming Sunday at 2pm GMT (3pm UK time) we will hear from Phil Longwell about 'Teacher Autonomy In Learning ICT/Web Tools' and his research he did for his dissertation.

      Venue: http://iatefl.adobeconnect.com/ltsig

      Sunday, 15 September 2013, 2pm GMT (3pm UK time)

      World clock: http://tinyurl.com/15Sept2pmGMT

      Here is the abstract...

      Most of us have to, at some point, use ICT or web tools as part of our practice, but how are we when it comes to learning those tools?  To what extent do we teach ourselves and to what extent do we learn from others?  What training do we expect, if any?  How can we create our own autonomy? This webinar is intended to build on research carried out for a master’s dissertation.  Hopefully, it will also provide an up-to-date snapshot of current practice and you will be invited to participate in adding to this research for possible further publication.

      Bio:

      A member of both IATEFL Learner Autonomy and Learning Technologies SIGs, Phil Longwell would like to follow up some exploratory research carried out last year, as part of his master’s dissertation, which is published online - http://teacherphilisictinelt.blogspot.co.uk/.    He has previously taught for Bell Educational Trust in Cambridge and Beijing.  He has also worked in South Korea, Saudi Arabia and Leicester, UK.  He is just about to start a new job teaching fashion design and graphic art students in Dalian, China.