Next LTSIG webinar: “Teacher Autonomy in Learning ICT/We b Tools” by Phil Longwell on Sun, 15 September 3 pm GMT.

  • ltsig01
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2013

      The next LTSIG webinar is “Teacher Autonomy in Learning ICT/Web Tools” by Phil Longwell on Sun, 15 September 3 pm GMT.

      There is no need to register and the link to attend http://iatefl.adobeconnect.com/ltsig

      Other time zones: 1500 HRS GMT/UCT  1600 HRS BST  1700 HRS CEST

      Abstract:

      Most of us have to, at some point, use ICT or web tools as part of our practice, but how autonomous are we when it comes to learning those tools?  To what extent do we teach ourselves and to what extent do we learn from others?  What training do we expect, if any?  How can we create our own autonomy? This webinar is intended to build on research carried out for a master’s dissertation.  Hopefully, it will also provide an up-to-date snapshot of current practice and you will be invited to participate in adding to this research for possible further publication.

      Bio:

      A member of both IATEFL Learner Autonomy and Learning Technologies SIGs, Phil Longwell would like to follow up some exploratory research carried out last year, as part of his master’s dissertation, which is published online - http://teacherphilisictinelt.blogspot.co.uk/.    He has previously taught for Bell Educational Trust in Cambridge and Beijing.  He has also worked in South Korea, Saudi Arabia and Leicester, UK.  He is just about to start a new job teaching fashion design and graphic art students in Dalian, China.

      Sorry for the previous message.

      Hope to see you there,

      Vicky Saumell

      Community Manager

    • letstalkonline2003
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2013

        Hi all,

        Apologies, the times of Phil's presentation mentioned are not correct.

        The webinar is at 2pm GMT/UCT  3pm  BST (London)  4pm CEST on Sunday, 15th September 2013.

        rgds Heike