Re: [learningwithcomputers] Dennis: Copying embedded video files from Ning?

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2013
      Re copying URLs/embedded codes for all videos on YLTSIG Ning

      There is, of course, a primitive, messy way of doing it - simply call up
      the page ALL VIDEOS, copy and paste.

      Dennis

      On 21 August 2013 16:20, Holly Dilatush <holly@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hello Dennis, Vance, all,
      >
      > You can archive all of the videos, and maybe find some solution here:
      >
      > http://creators.ning.com/forum/topics/how-to-restore-ning-archives
      >
      > [a lot of this is very confusing to me, but it does sound as if something
      > here might trigger an idea?]
      >
      > Best wishes,
      > Holly
      >
      > [Still hoping to stay with Ning for my site, though anxious about the
      > conversion from Ning 2.0 to Ning 3.0 and whether or not it will work as
      > well (or better?!) for lewwwp.com]
      >
      > Sure would be nice if json files would just copy and paste and reopen
      > perfectly, on another site/in another location, wouldn't it?
      >

      > On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 3:41 AM, Dennis Newson <djn@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Vance. Thanks greatly for responding. Luckily my problem is not that I
      > have
      > > to replace the whole Ning service for the YLTSIG Ning. 100 plus members
      > > have used it quite well and regularly for a coouple of years - but
      > > exclusively for viewing TEFL and other videos that I recommended and
      > > embedded. The price we have been paying for that service alone cannot be
      > > justified. All that is needed for a collection of embedded URLs is a
      > > Wordpress or some such blog. But I would like all the URLs and/or
      > embedding
      > > codes for the over 100 videos that are on the NING and was writing to
      > find
      > > out if there is a file I can grab from NING containing this info rather
      > > than having to copy them one by one! I have until September for the task.
      > >
      > > Greetings,
      > >
      > > Dennis

      *

      *Dennis Newson*
      Formerly : University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY

      Committee member : IATEFL: YLTSIG,Network Coordinator Teens (*T*)

      Committee Member : IATEFL GISIG

      Founder: Osna Group Second Life

      Initiator: MCC - Machinima Creative Club Second Life

      Winner British Council ELT 05 Team Innovation Award

      Personal homepage <http://www.dennisnewson.de/>

      Skype: *Osnacantab*
      Second Life: *Osnacantab Nesterov*