Electronic Village Online - Call for Proposals

  • Carla arena
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2013
      How about organizing a session for our educational community in a
      partnership IATEFL/TESOL?

      Hi all,

      The CALL Interest Section of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other
      Languages, Inc. (TESOL) offers language teachers world-wide the opportunity
      to participate in the Electronic Village Online (EVO), a professional
      development project and virtual extension of the TESOL 2014 Convention in
      Portland, USA.

      For five weeks in January-February, participants and ESOL experts can
      engage in collaborative, online discussion or hands-on virtual workshops of
      professional and scholarly benefit. These sessions will bring together
      participants for a longer period of time than is permitted by the four-day
      convention and will allow a fuller development of ideas than is otherwise
      possible in convention sessions.

      Session leaders (moderators) need not have previous experience in online
      teaching. Co-moderation with several people is strongly recommended.
      Moderators will receive hands-on training in online discussion management
      and the use of live virtual chat and audio rooms during our moderators'
      training session October 21 - November 12, 2013.

      If interested in moderating or co-moderating a session, please see
      http://evosessions.pbworks.com/w/page/66615668/Call%20for%20Proposals%202014
      for complete details on how to prepare and submit a proposal

      Sessions may be on any topic in ESL/EFL (not necessarily about technology)
      and are free and open to all interested parties.
      Deadline for proposals: September 22, 2013

      Carla Arena
      http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com