Re: [LearningTechnologiesSIG] iBook - Advances in Technology Enhanced Learning

  • Robert J Dickey (home)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2013
      Thanks Nik,

      but what about most us who don't meet the requirements?

      *
      Requirements: This book can only be viewed using iBooks 3.0 or later
      on an iPad. iOS 5.1 or later is required.

      On 2013-06-28 ?? 8:07, Nik Peachey wrote:

      > There's an interesting free iBook you can download from iTunes -
      > Produced by the Open University
      >
      > Advances in Technology Enhanced Learning
      > https://itunes.apple.com/book/advances-in-technology-enhanced/id663022333?ls=1
      >
      > Best
      > Nik Peachey | Learning Technology Consultant, Writer, Trainer
      >
      > On Teacher Development: http://nikpeachey.blogspot.com/
      >
      > On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NikPeachey
      > On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ICT4ELT
      > Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/nikpeachey
      > Google +: http://tinyurl.com/cwkcp55
      > http://about.me/technogogy
      >
      > Winner 2012 British Council ELTon Award for Excellence in Course
      > Innovation: http://www.britishcouncil.org/learning-eltons-2012.htm

      Robert J. Dickey, MPA JD
      Ast. Professor
      Department of Public Administration
      School of Social Sciences
      Keimyung University
      (Seongseo Campus)
      1095 Dalgubeol-daero
      Dalseong-gu, Daegu 704-701
      S. KOREA
      (in Korean - ????? ??? ????? 1095??)

      TESOL International's Program Administration Interest Section
      (PAIS) Chair-elect, 2013-2014

      Office Phone (Korea) 053-580-5938
      Cell (Korea) 010-2272-0968 -- NEW !!!
      Skype - rjdickey
      Yahoo Messenger - robertjdickey
      Google Talk - rjdickey / MSN Messenger - rjdickey

      EFAX (USA) +1-270-423-5135

      Integrated Subject and Language Instruction
      (Content-Based Instruction)
      http://www.content-english.org

      *** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ***
      This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential
      or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
      please notify the sender by e-mail and immediately delete this
      message and its contents/attachments. I check my computer and
      each outgoing message for viruses, but the internet is a
      dangerous place: please take appropriate precautions! Thanks.

    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2013
        It's disappointing that the Open University has decided to publish in
        such a closed proprietary format. Generally it's an institution that
        prides itself on "openness
        <http://www.open.edu/openlearn/education/open-education/content-section-\
        0> . "

        I wonder if there are any openness arguments in favour of the latest
        ios? Accessibility maybe?

        John
        Saint Petersburg

        --- In LearningTechnologiesSIG@yahoogroups.com, "Robert J Dickey (home)"