Webinar 22/6 Penny Ur - ‘Using higher order thinking skills’

  • ltsig01
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2013
      Dear members,

      Here is the full information about the next IATEFL webinar
      Penny Ur - `Using higher order thinking skills'
      22 June 2013, 3 pm GMT/BST

      It is important for ELT teaching to include tasks based on both lower- and higher-order thinking skills. In this session I shall define what 'higher-order thinking skills' are, and suggest various ways in which they can be integrated into English teaching at various levels.

      Biodata

      Penny Ur has thirty-five years' experience as an English teacher in primary and secondary schools in Israel. Now retired, she has taught B.A. and M.A. courses at Oranim Academic College of Education and Haifa University, and has presented papers at TESOL, IATEFL and other English teachers' conferences worldwide. She was recently awarded the OBE.

      She was for ten years the editor of the Cambridge Handbooks for Language Teachers series. Her books include Discussions that work (1981), Five minute activities (co authored with Andrew Wright) (1992), Grammar practice activities (2nd Edition) (2009), Vocabulary activities (2012), and A course in English language teaching (2012), all published by Cambridge University Press.

      https://iatefl.adobeconnect.com/pennyur/

      You do not need to register in advance to join this webinar, just click on the link above and then:
      Ensure "Enter as Guest" is selected
      Enter your name and country
      Click "Enter room"

      Best,
      Vicky Saumell
    • Klaus Michelsen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2013
        Dear Vicky,

        Thanks very much fro the great news!

        However, due to the time difference between London and Peru, I´m not sure I'll be able to attend. I'm wondering if the webinar will be recorded so I can view it later.

        Regards,

        Klaus

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 23, 2013
          Dear Klaus,

          The recording will be made available to IATEFL members. I'll post details as soon as I get them.

          Regards,
          Vicky