The Image Conference: Barcelona 8 June - Livestream info

  • Nicky
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2013
      Dear Colleagues,

      The Image Conference (jointly organised by our very own Learning Technologies SIG, and the UAB) is being held tomorrow Saturday 8 June in Barcelona! We have an excellent line up of speakers - you'll find detailed information about the conference and speakers on the conference website here: http://theimageconference.org/

      For those of you unable to make it to Barcelona, we are delighted to announce that the British Council will be livestreaming talks throughout during the day.

      Here is the Livestream timetable (note all times are local Barcelona times –UCT+2h)

      9.30 to 10.30 Jamie Keddie - Visual literacy in ELT

      10.45 to 11.45 Kieran Donaghy - Short and sweet: Using short films to promote creativity and communication

      11.55 to 12.10 Interviews with speakers

      12.15 to 13.15 Kyle Mawer - Video games and visual graphics

      14.15 to 15.00 Interviews with speakers

      15.00 to 16.00 Ceri Jones - Unleashing the power of images

      16.15 to 17.15 John Hughes - Writing scripts for ELT video

      17.25 to 17.40 Interviews with speakers

      17.45 to 18.45 Lindsay Clandfield - The critical eye

      You will be able to link to the live stream via the British Council Teaching English website tomorrow:

      http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/conferences/image-conference-livestream

      So please do join us online, and if you'd like to tweet about what you see, or follow the conference on Twitter, the hashtag is: @imageconference

      We look forward to welcoming you to The Image Conference either in person in Barcelona, or online via the live stream!

      Nicky Hockly
      LT SIG Joint Coordinator