Re: [LearningTechnologiesSIG] The Image Conference: Barcelona 8 June

  • Heike Philp
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2013
      Hi Nicky,
      hi Paul,

      I am wondering whether the program of the image conference is finalized or
      whether
      there is a chance to present our machinimas. Machinima is a new genre of
      film and
      is filming in 3D environments.

      We have conducted workshops with a total of 230 teachers, produced over 50
      machinima
      until now and I have applied for my 3rd EU funded project CAMELOT, which
      stands for
      CreAting Machinima Empowers Live Online Language Teaching and Learning.

      Since last year I have been presenting on machinima at every conference,
      including
      the Online Educa. They had a special Video theme this year and this is why
      I got in.

      If there is an image conference, I would really really like to present
      there.

      rgds Heike

      --

      *let's talk online sprl *
      Bvd du Souverain, 34

      Mobile (Germany) +49 (0) 179 477 2395
      Mobile (Brussels) +32 (0) 492 261 377

      Skype ID: letstalkonline
      heike.philp@...
      Twitter @heikephilp

      be.linkedin.com/in/heikephilp
      http://www.letstalkonline.com (main website/ blog, founded 2003)
      http://www.avalonlearning.eu (co-initiator EU funded AVALON project)
      http://www.lancelot.at (co-initiator EU funded LANCELOT project)
      http://www.virtual-round-table.com (organiser Virtual Round Table
      Conference)

      http://avalon-project.ning.com (co-organiser SLanguages Conference)
      http://www.dafwebkon.com (co-organiser DaFWEBKON Conference)
      http://edunation-islands.wikispaces.com (co-owner Second Life Island)
      http://www.telecoaching.org (board member European Telecoaching Institut)

      >>> LANguage learning with CErtified Live Online Teachers (LANCELOT,
      2005-2007) <<<
      >>> Access to Virtual and Action learning Live ONline (AVALON, 2009-2010)
      <<<

      CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE
      disclosure, distribution, printing or copying of this email is
      unauthorised.You may not read, use or take any action in reliance on it. If
      you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately
      by replying to this email and permanently delete the email from your
      computer. The contents of any attachments to this e-mail may contain
      software viruses which could damage your own computer system. While we have
      taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept
      liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses.
      You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments.

    • Nicky
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30, 2013
        Dear list members,

        There is still time to register for the Learning Technologies SIG and UAB Idiomes Image Conference, to be held in Barcelona on Saturday 8 June. An excellent conference line up, an exciting topic, and a beautiful city - the perfect combination for some professional development!

        Speakers include renowned experts in the field such as Jamie Keddie, Ben Goldstein, Paul Braddock, Ceri Jones, John Hughes, Kyle Mawer and Lindsay Clandfield. There will be 2 plenary sessions, 5 keynote sessions and 10 workshops all designed around the theme of film, video, images and gaming in language teaching.

        Don't miss the opportunity to attend the first conference of its kind, meet our excellent speakers and like-minded language teaching professionals. You'll find more information about the conference here: http://theimageconference.org/

        We hope to see you there!

        Nicky Hockly
        Joint LT SIG Co-ordinator