The Image Conference: Barcelona 8 June

  • Nicky
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2013
      Dear Colleagues,

      The Image Conference is taking place at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, UAB Casa Convelescencia, Barcelona on Saturday 8th June.
      http://theimageconference.org/

      The conference has been organised by the IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG and UAB Idiomes, and it is the first conference exclusively on the use of film, video, image and gaming in language teaching.

      Speakers include renowned experts in the field such as Jamie Keddie, Ben Goldstein, Paul Braddock, Ceri Jones, John Hughes, Kyle Mawer and Lindsay Clandfield. There will be 2 plenary sessions, 5 keynote sessions and 10 workshops all designed around the theme of film, video, images and gaming in language teaching.

      Register now and don't miss the opportunity to attend the first conference of its kind, meet our fantastic speakers and like-minded language teaching professionals. Online registration closes on 3 June and we have a limited number of places due to space at the venue, so sign up now to ensure you get a place!

      You'll find more information about the conference here, including a link to online registration: http://theimageconference.org/

      We hope to see you in Barcelona on 8 June!

      Nicky Hockly & Paul Sweeney
      IATEFL LT SIG Joint Coordinators
    • Heike Philp
      Message 2 of 3 , May 13, 2013
        Hi Nicky,
        hi Paul,

        I am wondering whether the program of the image conference is finalized or
        whether
        there is a chance to present our machinimas. Machinima is a new genre of
        film and
        is filming in 3D environments.

        We have conducted workshops with a total of 230 teachers, produced over 50
        machinima
        until now and I have applied for my 3rd EU funded project CAMELOT, which
        stands for
        CreAting Machinima Empowers Live Online Language Teaching and Learning.

        Since last year I have been presenting on machinima at every conference,
        including
        the Online Educa. They had a special Video theme this year and this is why
        I got in.

        If there is an image conference, I would really really like to present
        there.

        rgds Heike

        --

        *let's talk online sprl *
        Bvd du Souverain, 34

        Mobile (Germany) +49 (0) 179 477 2395
        Mobile (Brussels) +32 (0) 492 261 377

        Skype ID: letstalkonline
        heike.philp@...
        Twitter @heikephilp

        be.linkedin.com/in/heikephilp
        http://www.letstalkonline.com (main website/ blog, founded 2003)
        http://www.avalonlearning.eu (co-initiator EU funded AVALON project)
        http://www.lancelot.at (co-initiator EU funded LANCELOT project)
        http://www.virtual-round-table.com (organiser Virtual Round Table
        Conference)

        http://avalon-project.ning.com (co-organiser SLanguages Conference)
        http://www.dafwebkon.com (co-organiser DaFWEBKON Conference)
        http://edunation-islands.wikispaces.com (co-owner Second Life Island)
        http://www.telecoaching.org (board member European Telecoaching Institut)

        >>> LANguage learning with CErtified Live Online Teachers (LANCELOT,
        2005-2007) <<<
        >>> Access to Virtual and Action learning Live ONline (AVALON, 2009-2010)
        <<<

        CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE
        disclosure, distribution, printing or copying of this email is
        unauthorised.You may not read, use or take any action in reliance on it. If
        you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately
        by replying to this email and permanently delete the email from your
        computer. The contents of any attachments to this e-mail may contain
        software viruses which could damage your own computer system. While we have
        taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept
        liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses.
        You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments.

      • Nicky
        Message 3 of 3 , May 30, 2013
          Dear list members,

          There is still time to register for the Learning Technologies SIG and UAB Idiomes Image Conference, to be held in Barcelona on Saturday 8 June. An excellent conference line up, an exciting topic, and a beautiful city - the perfect combination for some professional development!

          Speakers include renowned experts in the field such as Jamie Keddie, Ben Goldstein, Paul Braddock, Ceri Jones, John Hughes, Kyle Mawer and Lindsay Clandfield. There will be 2 plenary sessions, 5 keynote sessions and 10 workshops all designed around the theme of film, video, images and gaming in language teaching.

          Don't miss the opportunity to attend the first conference of its kind, meet our excellent speakers and like-minded language teaching professionals. You'll find more information about the conference here: http://theimageconference.org/

          We hope to see you there!

          Nicky Hockly
          Joint LT SIG Co-ordinator