Re: [LearningTechnologiesSIG] Switching fro m laptop to tablet Ö

  • Martin Eayrs
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2013
      That's helpful, Geoff - thanks. Yes, I was thinking myself that certain things I do - for example my accounts (ouch) tend to see me with Quicken, Excel and FilemakerPro windows simultaneously visible as I struggle to manage the little money I have. I'm getting the impression that for short trips it's fine and fun to travel light, but back home it's probably not a bad idea to have a laptop or desktop.

      Another problem I'm going to have to face is email management. At the moment I'm just using the MBP with Apple's Mail, and not using the Cloud. I have seven email accounts, including POP, IMAP and web based ones (gmail and an old hotmail) and if I start dividing life between laptop and tablet I'm going to have to find a way to sync these. I never managed this for the iPhone (it can't handle spam) so don't know what I'll do with the iPad. On the MBP I use SpamSieve (an excellent app, BTW), and forward VIP mail from all my accounts to my gmail which I monitor through the iPhone. It's my bet solution so far.

      I think I'll have to look at using the Cloud for email if I use iPhone, iPad and laptop but am nervous of this - I had bad sync problems in the past and lost some mail (for ever). I wonder if anyone here has done this?

      Martin

      Martin Eayrs
      c/o Dormouse Box
      35 Tagore Close, Manchester, M13 0YS
      T. 0161-224-6873 | Mb. 07968-700239
      Email. martin@... | URL: http://www.eayrs.com

      For postal deliveries, please instruct your shippers to leave in lockable 'Dormouse'
      box if no one is at home � signed receipts and a scannable bar code inside box.