Authoring Tool

  • mackichan2006
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2013
      Hi,

      I have finally finished tidying up my first attempt at creating an authoring programme, the jsParagrapher, and it is now in Beta. I hope to iron out any remaining bugs and release a stable version by the end of the month.

      The jsParagrapher is a simple authoring tool for making exercises to practice organizing a text into paragraphs. Rather than trying to explain what it does, the easiest thing to do is visit http://whitetower.e-lang.co.uk/jsparagrapher/ to see it in action. Yes, it produces exercises and might be considered a bit web 1.0, but it does something I need. :-)

      The authoring tool is written in Java and requires Java 7 to be installed. Because of the recent security issues with Java, it's important to ensure that your version is up to date (Java 7 Update 13) and that you disable Java in the web browser. I have written more about this in the post on the site.

      I am looking for a limited number of Beta testers to help me find any remaining bugs or issues - I have tested it extensively on Windows and Linux, so hopefully there wont be too many problems. [I've not tried it on a Mac so help there will be much appreciated]. The software can be downloaded from the site - I am using a simple form that asks for a name an e-mail so that I can keep track of things and let people know when I have a final release.

      Many thanks for your help.

      Cheers,

      Pete
    • revathi viswanathan
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2013
        Hi Pete,
        Thanks for sharing the excellent tool. It is very good. I am interested to know a few things:
        Do we need to know html to work on the software? Is it supported by Android OS? Can we access the document we work on on an Android device?
         If it is possible, I feel we can do wonders!

        Warm Regards,
        revathi viswanath

        revathi viswanath