VoiceThread webinar + useful links

  • Nicky
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2012
      Dear list members,

      We held an excellent webinar yesterday, with Zeke Pottage and Damien Herlihy talking about how they use VoiceThread with students. We had over 40 people attending, including one participant in Peru (where it was 4 AM) and another in Vancouver (where it was 2 AM)!

      During the webinar, Zeke and Damien shared links to two of their VoiceThread projects, which you might like to visit. You can not only see how VoiceThread works in practice with these examples, but you can leave a comment yourself:

      http://voicethread.com/share/3563769/
      http://voicethread.com/share/3331106/

      We also had the webinar participants contributing all sorts of useful links, which I'm adding here, in case you'd like to explore them:

      Elizabeth(France): EVO Sessions http://evosessions.pbworks.com/w/page/61742103/Call_for_Participation2013

      Teacher Phili: Step-by-step guide to using VoiceThread - http://www.teachertrainingvideos.com/voiceThread/index.html

      Elizabeth(France): http://accent.gmu.edu/

      Elizabeth(France): Forvo is great for really technical words that I'm not sure how they're said http://fr.forvo.com/

      Paul Driver: English Central (http://www.englishcentral.com) good for comparing pronunciation.

      Graham Stanley (Spain): For the iPad, http://www.educreations.com/ is an interesting tool too

      Leo, Tel Aviv (@leoselivan): Dave Dogson posted on his blog about how he uses VC in class when there is no Internet:
      http://www.davedodgson.com/2012/01/digital-storytelling-with-voicethread.html

      Lesley @cioccas: http://voicethread.com/about/library/Language_learners_use_VoiceThread_to_practice_speaking/

      Thanks for these links, everyone.

      The recording of Zeke and Damian's webinar will shortly be available in the Members' Area of the LT SIG website.

      If you'd like to continue the conversation about VoiceThread here, for example by asking any questions about it, or sharing projects that you yourself may have carried out with your students, please do.

      We will be kicking off our 2013 webinar series on Sunday 20 January at 15h GMT/UTC, with 'The Great ICT Debate'. Watch this space for more information in early January!

      Thanks,
      Nicky

      Nicky Hockly
      LT SIG Online Events Coordinator