Reminder: LT SIG Webinar Sunday 16 Dec 10h GMT: Using Voice Thread with students

  • Nicky
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14, 2012
      Hi all,

      A quick reminder:

      The next LT SIG webinar is this Sunday 16 December at 10h GMT, on using Voice Thread with EFL students.

      More information about the webinar, including a link to check the exact time in your country is on the LT SIG website here:
      http://ltsig.org.uk/events/13-future-events/262-161212-webinar-using-voicethread\-with-students.html

      The webinar is open to everybody, so we hope to see you there on Sunday!

      Nicky Hockly
      IATEFL LT SIG Online Events Coordinator
    • anisoara_pp
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 14, 2012
        Hi Nicky,
        I am interested in the topic but unfortunately will be travelling at the time. Will any recording be available?
        Thank you so much,
        Anisoara
        (Romania)

        --- In LearningTechnologiesSIG@yahoogroups.com, "Nicky" <nickyhockly@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > A quick reminder:
        >
        > The next LT SIG webinar is this Sunday 16 December at 10h GMT, on using Voice Thread with EFL students.
        >
        > More information about the webinar, including a link to check the exact time in your country is on the LT SIG website here:
        > http://ltsig.org.uk/events/13-future-events/262-161212-webinar-using-voicethread\-with-students.html
        >
        > The webinar is open to everybody, so we hope to see you there on Sunday!
        >
        > Nicky Hockly
        > IATEFL LT SIG Online Events Coordinator

      • Joe
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 18, 2012
          Dear all,

          I’m pleased to announce the release of issue 2 (3) of the International Journal of Computer-Assisted Language Learning and Teaching(IJCALLT) http://www.igi-global.com/ijcallt, published by IGI Global, USA.
          The guest editors of this issue are Hsien-Chin Liou, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan and Yu-Chih Sun, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan

          1.Preface: Special Issue on Language Learning, Online Writing, Essay Writing, Online Peer Interactions, and Teaching Phonics to Children

          2.A Double-Channel Model for Developing Learner Autonomy in an EFL Context (pages 1-16)
          Jinghui Wang (Harbin Institute of Technology, China), Kenneth A. Spencer (Hull University, UK), and Dongshuo Wang (University of Manchester, UK)
          Using Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL) to develop learner autonomy is a challenging task in the context of teaching English as a foreign language (EFL). A ... Sample PDF | More details...

          3.Fostering EFL College Students’ Register Awareness: Writing Online Forum Posts and Traditional Essays (pages 17-34)
          Ching-Fen Chang (National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan)
          This study explores 19 Taiwanese students’ writing in weekly online forum posts and traditional essays. Results drawn from discourse analysis of students’ writing in... Sample PDF | More details...

          4.The Role of Social Networking Sites for Language Learning in UK Higher Education: The Views of Learners and Practitioners (pages 35-53)
          Billy Brick (Coventry University, UK)
          This paper seeks to assess the potential for Social Networking Sites (SNSs) to play a role in language learning in the UK Higher Education (HE) sector. These sites a... Sample PDF | More details...

          5.Promotion of EFL Student Motivation, Confidence, and Satisfaction Via a Learning Spiral, Peer-Scaffolding, and CMC (pages 54-75)
          Wen-Chi Vivian Wu (Providence University, Taiwan), Michael Marek (Wayne State College, USA), and Ling Ling Yen (National Central University, Taiwan)
          This study presents an EFL (English as a Foreign Language) instructional model in which peer interaction improves motivation, confidence, satisfaction, and actual pe... Sample PDF | More details...

          6.Teaching Phonics to Chinese L1 EFL Pupils: Pathway to the Future (pages 76-94)
          Yu-Lin Cheng (National Dong Hwa University, Taiwan)
          Despite that converging evidence has led to the mandate of phonics instruction in primary education in the UK, U.S. and EFL (English as a Foreign Language) China and... Sample PDF | More details...
          I’m also delighted to share with you another new publication- a chapter book, Computer-Assisted Foreign Language Teaching and Learning: Technological Advances edited by me and 4 other researchers, published by IGI Global, USA. You can find the book on this website: http://www.igi-global.com/book/computer-assisted-foreign-language-teaching/69859 .
          If you want to recommend the book to your librarian, using the librarian recommendation form at http://www.igi-global.com/forms/refertolibrarian.aspx?titleid=69859 , or offer your own copy of the book using our exclusive discount offer located at http://www.igi-global.com/Files/Ancillary/1ff36747-17c1-4d34-8826-bdc62ca0bdf5_978-1-4666-2821-2_Zou.pdf .

          Best wishes
          Dr Bin Zou
          Senior Tutor/Associate Professor
          MA (York, UK), PhD (Bristol, UK)
          Editor-in-Chief
          International Journal of Computer-Assisted Language Learning and Teaching(IJCALLT)
          http://www.igi-global.com/ijcallt
          English Language Centre, Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University
          http://www.xjtlu.edu.cn/
          111 Ren’ai Road
          Suzhou Industrial Park, Jiangsu Province, P.R. China 215123