Looking for your thoughts & opinions on LT innovation

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2012
      Hi All,
      Ian Butler from LingleOnline has asked me to pass this on. Any bites?
      PaulLT-SIG joint coordinator
      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      The European LT-Innovate forum was recently established to help drive an
      innovation strategy for Language Technology in Europe, this includes
      developing an innovation strategy agenda.
      There are a number of special interest groups including one on Language
      Technology innovationin Language Learning.
      As part of the first LT-Innovate Summit I am delighted to have been
      asked to participate in and moderate a session on the future innovation
      of Language Technology in Language Learning.
      Language Technology in English Language learning is my particular area
      of interest and I would like to represent not just my own opinions but
      that of the community, thus I am reaching out to you.
      So what do you think:• What innovations do you see for Language
      Learning using Language Technology?• Do you see any barriers to
      achieving such innovation?• Any suggestions on overcoming these
      barriers?
      When thinking Language Technology think, speech recognition, machine
      translation, semantic analysis and computational linguistics.
      ThanksIan
      CEO | LingleOnline | ian.butler@...