LT SIG April Webinars

  • Nicky
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10 1:45 AM
      Dear LT SIG members,

      Here is an update on our LT SIG April webinars, one of which was held last Sunday and the other which will be held this coming Sunday (15 April).

      1. Integrating collaborative projects with ICTs (with Shelly Terrell)

      This webinar took place last Sunday, and we were delighted to have a good crowd of people despite it being a holiday in many countries :-) Shelly shared a great range of tools for online collaborative projects, and she also shared a number of insights into how to make collaborative projects work well, and what pitfalls to avoid, based on her own extensive experience and research.

      The recording of this webinar will be available shortly in the Members' Area of the LT SIG website. We will also be starting a discussion thread later today here in this Yahoo group, in which we invite all of you to discuss some of the ideas and issues which came up during Shelly's webinar.

      2. E-Safety (with Carol Rainbow): THIS SUNDAY 15 April 14h GMT/UCT

      (check the time in your country here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120415T15&p1=136

      We all know how wonderful the internet is, the opportunities it opens up for communication, research, learning, creating, collaborating and sharing. There is, however, an element of risk to children and young people who need to be taught how to keep themselves safe in this new, always connected digital world. This session will seek to explore some of those risks, and share resources which teachers may wish to use so that they can help their students, young people or children protect themselves

      Carol is an ICT consultant in the UK working mostly to enhance teaching and learning with ICT. She is a teacher, CEOP Ambassador, EPICT E-safety facilitator and a 360 E-safety assessor! Much of her work recently has involved studying e-safety and providing training to teachers in that field.

      Information about the event is on the LT SIG website page, and you will find a link to the webinar room itself on the same page, on Sunday 15th a few hours before the event is due to start:
      http://ltsig.org.uk/online-events/46-future-online-events/232-154-e-safety.html

      Our webinars are open to everybody. You don't need to be an IATEFL or LT SIG member to attend , so please feel free to let friends and colleagues know about the next one. (The webinar recordings are kept in the LT SIG Members' area).

      We look forward to seeing you this coming Sunday for the E-safety webinar with Carol!

      Nicky Hockly
      LT SIG Online Events Co-ordinator