Has nine hub disappeared ?

  • Sally
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2012
      Does anyone else use ninehub to host Moodles for their language learners ? And if so can you still access your sites ? the nine hub main page ? anything at all ?
      All was working at the weekend, but the whole bang shoot seems to have disappeared since this time yesterday.
      And does anyone know of another free host ?
      I need somewhere else that gives you the shell and you just put the content in (before you say it, keytoschool stopped this month). I do not have the time to learn how to put the Moodle up myself right now (wish I did - would be a better solution in the long term).

      Perhaps should just cut losses and start a more public wiki and use that instead ...
      Usually add links to stuff I've made them on Quizlet, reading, videos, on line activities and places to upload homework ... I could do all that in a wiki, right ?
      The classes are not big enough (or profitable enough) to start paying for web space (though will see how much the students complain and what effect this has on the school owner, but the places I have looked at quickly in the last 24 hours all offer expensive packages with 'up to 500 users', not 3 or 4 courses with half a dozen students each).
    • Fernanda Rodrigues
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2012
        Hi Sally
        I can't access ninehub either.
        As for other free moodle hosting, I googled and founf this:
        http://www.e-socrates.org/
        http://www.freehostingmoodle.com/

        I guess there are a lot more if you search in google to find the one you like best.

        Cheers

        Fernanda

        --
        Fernanda Rodrigues <m.f.d.rodrigues@...>

      • Sally
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2012
          Thanks for replies and offers of help.
          Nine hub is back up again
          Meanwhile I have discovered that of the alternatives Edmodo looks the most promising.
          And it has made me think through what I am doing and why and what it achieves ... and wonder whether I should change tack a bit - always a silver lining in there somewhere.