CALL for papers, articles; change of editor

  • mauriceclaypole
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2012
      Papers and articles are requested for the forthcoming issue of CALL
      Review, the newsletter of the Learning Technologies Special Interest
      Group of IATEFL.

      Contributions can be on any topic relating to the use of technology in
      ELT, either classroom-based such as audio-visual techniques and
      whiteboards or remote technologies such as distance learning, virtual
      classrooms, social networking or mobile apps. Topics relating to
      technical aspects of testing, ELT management and administration, course
      and materials development are also of interest. Anything, in fact, to do
      with the interface between technology and the language teacher or
      learner.

      There is no fixed length for contributions, so whether you have a lot to
      say or would simply like to share your news and views on the use of
      technology in language learning, CALL Review provides an excellent
      opportunity to reach our worldwide membership.

      Please consider if you would like to submit any of the following:

      Academic paper
      Feature article
      Book review
      Hardware / software review
      Interview
      Conference report
      Announcements of forthcoming events
      Photographs, screenshots
      Anything not included above that might be of interest to our members.

      Contributions should be sent as Word documents with any graphics
      attached as separate JPEGs. No special formatting is required.

      The deadline for the spring issue is 31 March 2012.

      Detailed guidelines for submissions can be found on the LTSIG website
      at:

      http://ltsig.org.uk/newsletter.html
      <http://ltsig.org.uk/newsletter.html>

      Please send your contributions to: m.claypole@...
      <mailto:m.claypole@...>
      with a copy to mauriceclaypole@...
      <mailto:mauriceclaypole@...> .

      This call for articles goes out as I am approaching the end of my term
      as editor of CALL Review, so I would like to take this opportunity to
      thank all contributors and readers for their support over the last two
      years.

      My period of office ends on 19 March 2012. This means that the
      forthcoming spring issue will be finalized by my successor. However, I
      will carry on collecting and collating contributions until the handover,
      so I will remain your first point of contact until then.

      It has been a pleasure reading and editing the many submissions I have
      received over the last two years and I hope you will continue to
      contribute to CALL Review and/or take an interest in our newsletter and
      the Learning Technologies SIG.

      An official announcement regarding the new editor will follow from the
      LTSIG committee in due course.

      Best wishes

      Maurice Claypole
      Editor