Re: [LearningTechnologiesSIG] Up and coming conference

  • Gary Motteram
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 24, 2012
      Hi Michael

      Many thanks for this message. Unfortunately, it's with great regret that I won't be able to come. Two of my courses end during the week of the conference, and I feel bound to be present to help correct tests and counsel the students. I have known for some time that there would be a clash, and thought it might be possible to come to Marrakech despite it. However I think it is best to stay here in Rome. Also, the director of studies tells me that it has become quite difficult to find substitute teachers, and they would have to find subs for a week of classes.

      It's a pity you can't come, but I do understand how difficult it is to get time off.

      However, I intend to finish the research that I have started in order to compile the paper that I was to give. And I would ask two questions: one, whether it is possible to deliver a presentation online;

      We would like to have done this, but we don't have time in the programme, I'm afraid. The LT SIG are looking at running an online conference in the future, so we can get you to do the paper, then.

      and two, how easy it will be to see other people's presentations? Will the presentations in the Adobe Connect Room be synchronous or asynchronous? In other words, will I be able to see events at times other than when they actually occur? This was possible last year at a British Council/TESOL conference and it was very effective.

      We are hoping to do both. We will run them live and then record them for posterity. You will need to be a member of the LT SIG to see the recordings, however.

      Once again, I am very sorry I won't be able to come over. Had the conference been at another time of year it would have been much easier. Let's keep in touch over the possibilities of remote participation.

      I will give further updates as I sort out the details.

      Cheers
      Gary

    • asu er
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 24, 2012
        Hello,

        I would like to know if there is anyone in this mail group going to Marrakech ICT Conference from Istanbul?

        Cheers,

        Asuman