Re: Social Media week - British Council, Moscow - Round table online discussion & Gaming in Education webinars

  • Graham S
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22, 2011
      Hi Nicola,

      I think you must have got the time wrong. Not to worry, here's a link to the recording of the first webinar:

      http://connectpro10829081.adobeconnect.com/p84tr9d2eyd/

      Best wishes,

      Graham Stanley,
      Coordinator,
      IATEFL LT SIG

      --- In LearningTechnologiesSIG@yahoogroups.com, Nicola Perry <nicolaperry57@...> wrote:

      > Thank you for sending this. I entered the webinar room but nothing was going on.
      > Regards,
      > Nicola
      >

      > > To: LearningTechnologiesSIG@yahoogroups.com; evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com; learningwithcomputers@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: blogefl@...
      > > Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 20:24:25 +0200
      > > Subject: [LearningTechnologiesSIG] Social Media week - British Council, Moscow - Round table online discussion & Gaming in Education webinars
      > >
      > > Hi everyone,
      > >
      > > Apologies for cross-posting
      > >
      > > The IATEFL Learning Technologies special interest group kindly invites
      > > to participate in the following online events as part of the Social
      > > Media week being organised by the British Council, Moscow:
      > >
      > > 1) On Thursday, there will be a round table online discussion on :-
      > >
      > > 'Social Media for Continuous Professional Development in ELT'
      > >
      > > The discussion will take place on:
      > > Thursday 22nd September from 14:00 -15:00 CET
      > > (check your local time here: http://timeanddate.com/s/24jt)
      > >
      > > During the discussion, a number of invited guest speakers from
      > > different parts of the world will be talking about how they see the
      > > role of social media for CPD in ELT.
      > >
      > > You can enter the Adobe Connect webinar room using this link:
      > > http://connectpro10829081.adobeconnect.com/cpd/
      > >
      > > 2) On Friday, there will be a presentation on Gaming in Education
      > >
      > > The discussion will take place on:
      > > Friday 23rd September from 17:00 -18:00 CET
      > > (check your local time here: http://timeanddate.com/s/24ju)
      > >
      > > You can enter the Adobe Connect webinar room using this link:
      > > http://connectpro10829081.adobeconnect.com/gaming/
      > >

      > > * Please note this is because space is limited to 100 participants
      > > (including the panel guests) – please turn up early to ensure a
      > > 'virtual seat' in the discussion room
      > >
      > > This online event is part of the 'Social Media Week' organised by the
      > > British Council in Moscow (see
      > > http://www.britishcouncil.org/russia-english-social-media-week-bc-2.htm
      > > for details)
      > >
      > > These sessions will also be recorded and made available for those who
      > > are not able to attend live.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > Graham Stanley
      > > Coordinator,
      > > IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG
      > > http://ltsig.org.uk
    • Nicola Perry
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 23, 2011
        Hi,
        Well, it didn't occur to me at the time but because it was organised by BC Moscow, I checked the world clock against Moscow time and not CET. So I suspect you are right.
        Thanks for sending the link to the recording.
        Regards,
        Nicola

        To: LearningTechnologiesSIG@yahoogroups.com
        From: blogefl@...
        Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 06:21:58 +0000
        Subject: [LearningTechnologiesSIG] Re: Social Media week - British Council, Moscow - Round table online discussion & Gaming in Education webinars

        Hi Nicola,

        I think you must have got the time wrong. Not to worry, here's a link to the recording of the first webinar:

        http://connectpro10829081.adobeconnect.com/p84tr9d2eyd/

        Best wishes,

        Graham Stanley,
        Coordinator,
        IATEFL LT SIG

        --- In LearningTechnologiesSIG@yahoogroups.com, Nicola Perry <nicolaperry57@...> wrote:

        > Thank you for sending this. I entered the webinar room but nothing was going on.
        > Regards,
        > Nicola
        >

        > > To: LearningTechnologiesSIG@yahoogroups.com; evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com; learningwithcomputers@yahoogroups.com
        > > From: blogefl@...
        > > Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 20:24:25 +0200
        > > Subject: [LearningTechnologiesSIG] Social Media week - British Council, Moscow - Round table online discussion & Gaming in Education webinars
        > >
        > > Hi everyone,
        > >
        > > Apologies for cross-posting
        > >
        > > The IATEFL Learning Technologies special interest group kindly invites
        > > to participate in the following online events as part of the Social
        > > Media week being organised by the British Council, Moscow:
        > >
        > > 1) On Thursday, there will be a round table online discussion on :-
        > >
        > > 'Social Media for Continuous Professional Development in ELT'
        > >
        > > The discussion will take place on:
        > > Thursday 22nd September from 14:00 -15:00 CET
        > > (check your local time here: http://timeanddate.com/s/24jt)
        > >
        > > During the discussion, a number of invited guest speakers from
        > > different parts of the world will be talking about how they see the
        > > role of social media for CPD in ELT.
        > >
        > > You can enter the Adobe Connect webinar room using this link:
        > > http://connectpro10829081.adobeconnect.com/cpd/
        > >
        > > 2) On Friday, there will be a presentation on Gaming in Education
        > >
        > > The discussion will take place on:
        > > Friday 23rd September from 17:00 -18:00 CET
        > > (check your local time here: http://timeanddate.com/s/24ju)
        > >
        > > You can enter the Adobe Connect webinar room using this link:
        > > http://connectpro10829081.adobeconnect.com/gaming/
        > >

        > > * Please note this is because space is limited to 100 participants
        > > (including the panel guests) � please turn up early to ensure a
        > > 'virtual seat' in the discussion room
        > >
        > > This online event is part of the 'Social Media Week' organised by the
        > > British Council in Moscow (see
        > > http://www.britishcouncil.org/russia-english-social-media-week-bc-2.htm
        > > for details)
        > >
        > > These sessions will also be recorded and made available for those who
        > > are not able to attend live.
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > >
        > > Graham Stanley
        > > Coordinator,
        > > IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG
        > > http://ltsig.org.uk

      • Graham Stanley
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 23, 2011
          Thanks to everyone who attended the second webinar (Gaming in
          Education) mentioned below.

          Here's the link to the recording for those of you who missed it and
          are interested in the subject

          http://connectpro10829081.adobeconnect.com/p9oh82rx0d6/

          Best,