Re: Query re small e-commerce project

  • jeffstanford@wordflair.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 28 3:52 AM
      Hi Martin

      I am currently working an a site that uses Drupal's ubercart and have found
      it fairly easy to use. Though if you're not familiar with drupal, there'll
      be quite a learning curve. Drupal/ubercart are free. You need mysql and php
      5 running. http://drupal.org
      The work in progress is http://music.eleanoralberga.com/pages/

      Three of the many other possibilities are:
      Shopify http://www.shopify.com/
      Magento http://www.magentocommerce.com/
      Actinic http://www.actinic.co.uk/

      I've read positive reviews on all of those for small scale ecommerce
      projects

      Good luck!

      Jeff

    • Martin Eayrs
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2011
        Many thanks to Bob, Ruth, Paul and Jeff for their suggestions re online sales software for small-scale projects.

        Lots to look at here, and I'm in no immediate hurry so will study at leisure.

        Martin
        ______________
        Martin Eayrs
        martin@...
      • Kent Russell
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2011
          Dear List Members,

          Apologies for cross posting.

          My college wants to establish a business English minor and I have been
          asked to help. I was wondering if anyone could help me with web based
          or mobile materials. I feel that we should be using more from these
          sources and not resort to course books which do not seem to fit the bill
          for what our students need.

          Thanks for your input.

          Cheers,

          Russ Kent