Release for the first issue of the Internatio nal Journal of Computer-Assisted Language Lea rning and Teaching(IJCALLT)

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2011
      Dear all,

      I am pleased to announce the official launch for International Journal of Computer-Assisted Language Learning and Teaching, Volume 1, Issue 1, January-March 2011. To further increase the awareness of the contents of the latest issue of the IJCALLT, please see attached announcement.

      It’s also free to read online. You can go to the website (http://www.igi-global.com/ijcallt) and click 'Free Sample Copy' to read articles in this inaugural issue. Please share this new release with your colleagues.

      Currently, IJCALLT is calling for papers for its 4th issue and the deadline will be 1 March 2011. Submissions for the 4th issue or a later issue are all welcome.

      Enjoy your reading.

      Best regards

      Dr Bin Zou
      MA (York, UK), PhD (Bristol, UK)
      Team Leader
      English Language Centre
      Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University
      http://www.xjtlu.edu.cn/
      No.111 Ren'ai Road
      Suzhou Industrial Park, Jiangsu Province P.R. China 215123
      E-mail: bin.zou@...
      Editor-in-Chief
      International Journal of Computer-Assisted Language Learning and Teaching(IJCALLT)
      http://www.igi-global.com/ijcallt

    • Louis Aarons
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 22 8:58 AM
        Joe, *Received this on Mar. 21st* -- submission deadline is Mar.1 ??

        On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 8:29 PM, Joe <lookaheadjoe@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > I am pleased to announce the official launch for International Journal of
        > Computer-Assisted Language Learning and Teaching, Volume 1, Issue 1,
        > January-March 2011. To further increase the awareness of the contents of the
        > latest issue of the IJCALLT, please see attached announcement.
        >
        > It’s also free to read online. You can go to the website (
        > http://www.igi-global.com/ijcallt) and click 'Free Sample Copy' to read
        > articles in this inaugural issue. Please share this new release with your
        > colleagues.
        >
        > Currently, IJCALLT is calling for papers for its 4th issue and the deadline
        > will be 1 March 2011. Submissions for the 4th issue or a later issue are all
        > welcome.
        >
        > Enjoy your reading.
        >
        > Best regards

        > Dr Bin Zou
        > MA (York, UK), PhD (Bristol, UK)
        > Team Leader
        > English Language Centre
        > Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University
        > http://www.xjtlu.edu.cn/
        > No.111 Ren'ai Road
        > Suzhou Industrial Park, Jiangsu Province P.R. China 215123
        > E-mail: bin.zou@...
        > Editor-in-Chief
        > International Journal of Computer-Assisted Language Learning and
        > Teaching(IJCALLT)
        > http://www.igi-global.com/ijcallt

      • Klaus Michelsen
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 22 10:08 PM
          Great news! Thank you very much for sharing this with everyone! Klaus

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2011
            Greetings all,

            We are carrying out a task based project in Second Life and volunteer native speakers of English are needed within the scope of this study. If you are interested in taking part in this project, please let us know.

            By the way, sorry for cross-posting.

            Volunteer native speakers of English are needed for a project carried out at university level. The project entitled “Task-Based Foreign Language Learning in Second Life METU Campus” is a collaborative effort between three departments at Middle East Technical University - Computer Education and Instructional Technology, Foreign Language Education, and Department of Basic English. The purpose of this project is to explore the possibilities of teaching and learning English as a foreign language in 3D virtual worlds.

            For the project, preparatory school area in METU Campus in Second Life (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/METU/130/128/27) has been designed for different English speaking practice tasks/activities. Throughout the tasks in the project, participants will take part in role-playing activities and practice speaking English with native speakers and other participants. There will be 8 sessions and the project will be completed in about 4 week in May 2011. The volunteer native speakers will help our students in the role play activities. For example, students will apply for a company and the NSs will be the representatives of the companies in this task; or, the students will reserve a room at a hotel and the NSs will be the hotel receptionists. You will be given some topic initiator questions for each activity; and thus, you do not need to spend extra time for the preparation of the activity. If you would like participate into this project voluntarily, you should follow the link (http://tinyurl.com/3vfucxy) and write your real name and SL name into the boxes which are possible for you to participate. Mainly, we ask for your participation to guide our students through the dialogues in the tasks. Slurl address of the METU SL campus will be provided to volunteers.

            If you interested in participating as a facilitator in this study, please contact us:

            Assist. Prof. Dr. Tugba Bulu, METU

            E-mail: stugba@...

            Res. Assist. Sedat Akayoğlu, METU

            E-mail: akayoglu@...