Stereomix where art thou?

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2010
      (With apologies for cross-posting).

      Look. Is there anyone authoritative out there who can solve a problem I have
      had for over a year - if not longer.

      I simply cannot get stereomix so that I can use:

      Audacity for anything but recording by microphone.
      CamStudio or Fraps for recording video from Second Life and getting both
      voices - mine and those of people in Second Life.

      I have written to the Audacity list,
      Watched countless videos,
      Dipped in and out of countless forums,
      Spent hours with very competent friends working on the problem, including
      using screen sharing in Skype..

      But we never make it.

      Currently I have a PC with Windows XP. "You won't ever get stereomix with
      Windows XP" say lots of people.
      "Get an external sound card", advised someone on the Audacity list. I did -
      a Creative Surround 5.1. Great sound, but I get no stereomix using it.

      I also have a laptop with Vista.

      Still no success.

      And I have a netbook with the minimal introductory Windows 7. No joy with
      stereomix.

      Has anyone had similar problems and solved them?Can anyone point me in the
      right direction for finding a solution? I would be hugely grateful.

      Dennis