Free Ebook/anyone have Kindle? Iphone/pad?

  • Kieran
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2010
      I'm pleased to announce the republication of my reader, 'The Big Match', as the first title in a new ebook series: ESOL Ereaders. The Big Match is now available for download in several different formats, including Word, PDF and Epub (for the IPhone, Kindle and IPad)

      The original formed part of the Phoenix Bookshelf
      series (Level: 'Teen/lower intermediate") and was singled out for 'particular excellence' in Bamford & Day's Extensive Reading in the Second Language Classroom (Cambridge University Press, 1998)

      The text is accompanied by illustrations and there is an audio version. For a sample chapter and an audio excerpt go here: http://tinyurl.com/2wuah6v. The
      full ebook can be linked from there or you can go directly to
      http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/13915

      Formatting for epublication is not complex, but it is fiddly. I used Smashwords and they only accept MS Word docs stripped of all formatting. You can have images but they need to be anchored between paras - any kind of text wrap sends thing haywire with epub - one advantage PDF has over it. Unfortunately documents lovingly designed in InDesign or Pages are wasted on these new platforms as far as I can see

      For the moment I'm allowing free access - but I would really appreciate feed back about how it looks on the Kindle/Iphone etc as I don't have access.

      Many thanks

      Kieran

      http://younglearners.eslreading.org/