Re: Clasroom technology advice

  • Nergiz
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2010
      Hi James

      As I might be in a similar situation soon, I found your advice very useful.

      Thanks for sharing!

      Nergiz
      http://slexperiments.edublogs.org/
    • Josh Round
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7 3:50 AM
        Hi James,

        Thanks very much for your answer. I absolutely agree that getting just
        one or two IWBs would not have been effective, and we have now gone for
        each room having a desktop PC and fixed data projector. The PCs will be
        networked to the school domain, so our teachers can prepare material on
        the staffroom computers then use that material in class; similarly, I
        hope that notes or work created on the pc during class can then be saved
        for use later, by both teacher and students.

        I also hope that a lot of the ideas we covered in a series of insets on
        Using Technology in the Classroom last year will now get real take-up by
        the teachers who will have the available tools to implement them more
        easily. We shall probably have to re-visit some of those ideas once we
        are up and running, to prompt that...

        We have moved to using CD Players quite smoothly over the last 12 months
        (some CD players re-cue tracks better than others it is true), but this
        will be the first time that we have classrooms which depend on the PC
        'media player' for playing audio tracks - I hope to find that this will
        make exploiting all parts of a listening much easier.

        Thanks once again,
        Josh

        Josh Round
        Director of Studies

        St George International
        79-80 Margaret Street
        London W1W 8TA
        England

        Tel : +44 (0)20 7299 1700
        Direct : +44 (0)20 7299 1705
        Fax : +44 (0)20 7299 1711
        Email : jround@... <mailto:jround@...>
        Skype: joshround

        www.stgeorges.co.uk <http://www.stgeorges.co.uk/>

        Saint George International has been licensed

        by the UK Border Agency to enrol international

        students under Tier 4 of the Points Based System

        under Sponsor Licence Number 0HV124MN6

        for more details visit http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk
        <http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/>