AVALON Learning project events

  • Gary
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2010
      Hi All

      For those of you who may be interested, as part of an ongoing European project we are offereing a number of online events, the next one is as follows:

      Time: March 11, 2010 from 6pm to 7:30pm
      Location: AVALON Learning island
      Organized By: Heike Philp aka Gwen Gwasi

      Event Description:
      Thursday, 11 March 2010, 6pm GMT
      London 6pm, Paris 7pm, New York 1pm, SL time 10am
      For world time click here.

      Join us for a tour to European cities in Second Life and get your digital camera ready for virtual Rome, London, Paris and more.

      6:00pm (GMT) Meeting point is the landing area at AVALON island.

      :10 To start the tour we teleport to Roma and Italia Vera, where you can find the largest community of Italian citizens in this elaborate reconstruction of the true Italy. We also will visit the Sistine Chapel, a stunning and accurate-to-scale recreation of the chapel, a place to admire the hirstoric and beautiful artwork.

      :20 We then look forward to the glamurous architecture of historic Munich, move onto Cologne Cathedral, a highly detailled recreation of the famous World Heritage building and then take some pictures at Berlin's Brandenburger Tor. We will not have time to meander the streets of 1920s Berlin but with these landmarks you can come back at any time.

      :30 Then we aim for London, of course, land at Hyde Park Corner, smile at lonely Big Ben without (!) the Houses of Parlament only to quickly move onto the famous central London cathedral St. Paul's Cathedral's which was originally designed by Sir Christopher Wren in the 17th century.

      :40 Heartwarming Paris is next and after we group to take pictures of the Tour Eiffel and the Arc de Triomph we will then walk the streets of 1900 Paris, a time when romance and revolution were in the air and the Moulin Rouge the hottest ticket in town.

      :50 Then we visit Piata Revolutiei at virtual Bucharest, a place complete with Athenneum, National Museum of Art, Hilton Hotel and Central University Library

      :00 Next we continue to explore a thriving Czech and Slovakia community at a Bohemian village.

      :10 During the second hour of this event we leave the crowded cities to stop at Inverness to enjoy crystal clear air and old castles on Scottland's highland. If we are lucky we can even catch a picture of Nessie.

      :20 Then we hop back to France to admire the beautiful French landmark Mont Saint Michel.

      :30 Finally we will drop of everyone at Heart Reef Resort, an authentic Greek island sim, featuring replicas of Santorini and Mykonos.

      If you can volunteer to be a tourguide to any of these places so that we learn more about it, please feel free to let us know.

      In case you arrive late, watch out for a notecard handout box on AVALON Learning island, where you will find a notecard with all the links and with the minutes mentioned above. We try to stick to the timing as best as possible so that you can catch up with the group.

      For more detailyou can visit our Ning: http://avalon-project.ning.com/

      Or you can go staright to the event via this SLURL: http://slurl.com/secondlife/AVALON%20Learning/10/189/59

      Cheers
      Gary