Software for crearting multmedia quizzes + another question??

  • Nik Peachey
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 19, 2010
      Thanks both Glenys and Michael for the quick answers to my question about importing Hot Potatoes into Moodle to track learner progress.

      My next question is: Is anyone out there using any alternative LMS platforms instead of Moodle to build their courses?
      I'm particularly interested in free ones , but also commercial ones if they are REALLY good.

      Thanks again

      Best

      Nik Peachey | Learning Technology Consultant, Writer, Trainer
      Teacher Development: http://nikpeachey.blogspot.com/
      News and Tips: http://quickshout.blogspot.com/
      Student Activities: http://daily-english-activities.blogspot.com/
      On Social media: http://bloggingandsocialmedia.blogspot.com/
      On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NikPeachey
    • michel pierre
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 22, 2010
        My organization has been using for quite a few years Dokeos.
        http://www.dokeos.com/en

        Regards

        Michel Pierre

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 23, 2010
          Hi Nik, Glenys, and Michael,

          I have two points about hp quizzes in moodle. First, as an administrator, you have to show the hot potatoes activity module in order to make it active. It is usually hidden by default.

          Then, as an admin or teacher, you can 'add an activity' and choose 'hot potatoes quiz' which is then activated and tracked in students grades. While uploading you choose how this should take place and the grading method you need to use.

          The other point is that you need to be careful about quizzes you import to the system. In few cases, these quizzes were not appropriately tracked in the results section. This may also occur if you download or use quizzes developed by other users.

          I am currently experimenting Moodle's main quiz module which uses a much easier script like the following:

          ‭// ‬Start of question‭: ‬MultipleChoiceQ
          You can become a pilot after completing your training on a ____________ for 1 year. {‬
          ‭~‬simultaneously
          ~simultaneous
          =simulator
          ~simulating
          ‭}‬

          You just need to copy and paste is several times after changing the question items and distractors to a text file (.txt). When done, you import to moodle and choose import questions. If you see the same number of questions on the page, then it should work just fine.

          I hope that helps,
          Ismail