self-study for your BEC students

  • McMorrow, Martin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2009
      Hi Russell,

      I have prepared two online sites which may be relevant to your students - they're not grammar, though, but vocabulary. One is a set of interactive exercises on academic/business vocab and themes http://www.academicenglishgenerator.com and the other is a podcast with audio and exercises on vocab and comprehension http://tinyurl.com/6xy9hy . They are intended for self-study.

      For more on vocab, you could try:

      http://www.uefap.com/vocab/vocfram.htm

      For grammar, take a look at:

      http://elc.polyu.edu.hk/cill/grammar.htm#ELC%20Grammar%20Explanations%20and%20Exercises

      For business writing, take a look at:

      http://www.monash.edu.au/lls/llonline/writing/business-economics/management/3.xml

      regards,

      Martin McMorrow, ESOL Learning Advisor, Massey University Albany Campus
      International Student Podcast http://tinyurl.com/6xy9hy

    • Russell Kent
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 19, 2009
        Hallo Martin and Ruth,

        Thank you for these links, I had a quick look at them and they look really
        interesting. I'm sure I can do something with them with my students.

        Regards,

        Russ