Re: Twitter from Japan

  • darren
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2009
      Hey Karenne,

      I actually opted out of twitter a while back - partly because I can't use it on the move, and partly because I'm trying to filter out what I don't need to recieve. There is so much noise out there, and I'm finding I spend so much time "connected" that I struggle to sit down with an actual book (let alone my very real family!). Is a constant drip-drip-drip of information good for me? However, I understand that twitter can act as a filter on my behalf - I haven't renounced it, I'm just holding fire.

      For students, though, if I can get it to work it could be great fun. I'll have to check out Neal's work... I know his name and his blog and he has some pretty decent ideas.

      Cheers,

      Darren
      http://www.livesofteachers.com/

      --- In LearningTechnologiesSIG@yahoogroups.com, "Karenne Sylvester" <kalinagoenglish@...> wrote:

      > Hi Darren,
      >
      > Are you friends with @nealchambers? I think he's been trying something like this via his EnglishSpark site - not 100'% sure tho'
      >
      > Karenne
      >
      > --- In LearningTechnologiesSIG@yahoogroups.com, "darren" <darrenrelliott@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Is anyone using twitter, via mobile, with students in Japan? I'd like to team the portability of mobile phones and speed and simplicity of twitter... but for those without the google android or iphone enabled handsets (most) I'm not sure I can get it working.
      > >
      > > Class blogs in tumblr and wordpress are fairly accessible, but what about something more pithy?
      > >
      > > Darren Elliott
      > > http://www.livesofteachers.com/

    • Karenne Sylvester
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
        ;-) I know what you mean... I'm addicted, though. What can I say?

        It can be so interesting to receive all those tit-bits... and sometimes mindnumbingly interesting where you get off the computer and think, seriously, did 2 hours just go by?

        I still like reading books but hmm... I do tend to want to get to the "meat" of the information faster these days... the world we're living in, 'spose.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2009
          You may have noticed, I`m on it now! @livesofteachers, and blogged it at http://www.livesofteachers.com/

          Should be going home now....

          Darren