online voice recorder

  • Richard Turnbull
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2009
      Hi there (sorry for cross posting)

      Does anyone know of a good online voice recorder - a school I am working with will not allow me to download any software (like Audacity) on to their machines. All I have is Internet Explorer to play with - really not even access to the Windows recorder. I have found Vocaroo but it appears to only let me email the recordings which may not be ideal.

      Any ideas?
      Thanks
      Richard

    • Nik Peachey
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2009
        Hi Richard

        Try: http://odeo.com/ or http://www.podomatic.com/

        Both have a built in client for recording your audio.

        Good luck

        Nik Peachey | Learning Technology Consultant, Writer, Trainer
        Teacher Development: http://nikpeachey.blogspot.com/
        News and Tips: http://quickshout.blogspot.com/
        Student Activities: http://daily-english-activities.blogspot.com/
        On Social media: http://bloggingandsocialmedia.blogspot.com/
        On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NikPeachey
      • Marc Loewenthal
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 16, 2009
          Hi Richard

          You can still use Audacity, only as a app run from your memory stick, so you don't have to set it up on a computer. Go to Portable Apps (link below) and download it. It will run direct from your stick every time. there are loads more portable applications to choose from on the site. Also visit JISC RSC in Scotland for Edu apps (link below).

          http://portableapps.com/apps

          http://www.rsc-ne-scotland.ac.uk/eduapps/compare.php

          Yours

          Marc Loewenthal

          Get The Other Dictionary as print on demand or ebook from Liondale Publications at http://www.liondale.com, the only other dictionary you'll ever need! Also pit your wits and solve the puzzles at Iced Ink, http://www.iced-ink.com, the only website you're embarrassed to say.

          Does anyone know of a good online voice recorder - a school I am working with will not allow me to download any software (like Audacity) on to their machines. All I have is Internet Explorer to play with - really not even access to the Windows recorder. I have found Vocaroo but it appears to only let me email the recordings which may not be ideal.

          Any ideas?
          Thanks
          Richard

        • Fernanda Rodrigues