Re: Flexible Learning Platforms

  • groovyguzi
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2009
      I don't have a reference for an assessment tool as such, but maybe these sections in Module 1.5 at the ICT4LT site will give you a few leads:

      Section 8, Module 1.5: Distance learning and the Web: VLEs, MLEs etc. This section contains links to a number of resources and articles that may be useful for helping you assess the facilities offered by different learning platforms:

      http://www.ict4lt.org/en/en_mod1-5.htm#anchorvlangschool

      This Wikipedia article goes into detail about what you can expect from a VLE:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_learning_environment

      Section 12, Module 1.5: Discussion lists, blogs, wikis, social networking:

      http://www.ict4lt.org/en/en_mod1-5.htm#anchorediscuss

      Section 2, Module 1.5: What is Web 2.0? This section contains links to a categorised list of Web 2.0 applications that have been found useful for language teachers:

      http://www.ict4lt.org/en/en_mod1-5.htm#WEB2

      I am Editor-in Chief of the ICT4LT site and I welcome feedback on the site's content. I can be contacted via the feedback form that can be found at the foot of each page of the ICT4LT site.

      Graham Davies