Re: Mini Presentation

  • Heike Philp
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 30, 2009
      Hi Burcu,

      > 'ELT Meets the Blogosphere'

      Great title, great topic. Look forward to
      hearing from you when you are free.

      Rgds Heike
    • Heike Philp
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 30, 2009
        Hi Dennis,

        This is terrific that you would like to do a Presto.

        You will find that this is not only half the amount
        of time, but even a lot easier. Pecha Kucha is
        a lot of work we found. BTW, your Pecha Kucha at the
        WIAOC conference when you pioneered this presentation
        technique with me, has been watched 156 times!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTIHi_TCiEo

        > When would this be?

        Anytime when you and myself find the time to meet.
        My Skype is 'letstalkonline' for easy arrangements.

        The presentation will be done in Instant Presenter
        this time, which is a very easy solution and does
        not require installation. It's flash-based and the
        auto-advancing works there.

        > holdeck Dogme Park

        Wonderful topic and totally appopriate and timely.
        I look forward to this.

        There is indeed a Dogme Park? Nice, does Scott go on
        walkabout?

        Rgds Heike
      • Pratibha Gupta
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 7, 2009
          Dear Heike

          It is a good opportunity and I love to share my work.
          But I need your help in making things a bit clear.I am not aware of Pecha Kucha  format. Would you help me?

          Regards
          Pratibha

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 21, 2009
            Hi Burcu,
            hi Wlodek

            You were the first two courageous presenters trying
            a PRESTO presentation and what excellent and well-
            rehearsed presentations both are.

            Wlodzimierz (Wlodek in SL) talks about 'Phonetic affordances
            in Second Life' and Burcu presents about using blogs in ELT
            classrooms.

            Wlodek's Presto was posted on youtube on July 3, 2009
            and has fetched already 240 views.

            Burcu's has been posted on July 17 and has already
            been watched more than 90 times.

            Personally I am overwhelmed with this response and
            had not expected anything like that.

            Well done to you both!

            Who else is happy to give it a try? The rules are simple:
            10 slides auto-advancing every 20sec. Any topic.

            Rgds Heike
          • Dennis Newson
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 21, 2009
              Heike,

              I'm working on: Dogme Gardens - building a holodeck

              I'll contact you as soon as I'm ready - in roughly a week's time.

              Dennis

              --
              Dennis Newson, retired,
              Formerly: University of Osnabrück.
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 22, 2009
                Ah, I forgot the links!

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDlWtCtQB8I

                > Burcu's has been posted on July 17 and has already
                > been watched more than 90 times.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5pZVmf9jYE

                Apologies. Heike