Re: [LearningTechnologiesSIG] Re: Educational technology + ELT news and updates

  • Nik Peachey
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30 3:11 AM
      Hi Karenne

      Glad you enjoyed the interview with Scott. I'm not sure it is fair to say he was knocking Web 2.0. I think it's just not his thing. I think it's a matter of how much these things fit into your life or not. Personally I think Web 2.0 is compatible with dogme because of the authentic and social interactions it creates. It's also creating new genres of communication (like Twitter). How long these will be about is questionable. I think we are moving into an age of constantly evolving communication genre. In the end though, what will remain constant and of value is what you have to say.

      As for Oprah, well if I had a comprable pay check to either her or Johnathon Ross I could live with that. Won't hold my breath though.

      The video does exist (on my hard drive) of the complete interview with Scott, it's just a mater of having some time to edit down into chunks that people could actuallu download.

      Maybe I'll talk to Gavin at the Consultants-E about a CD or DVD collection of the series. Hope to see you Sunday for the Jeremy Harmer one. Info at:
      http://quickshout.blogspot.com/2009/04/coffee-with-jeremy-harmer.html

      Best

      Nik Peachey | Learning Technology Consultant, Writer, Trainer
      Teacher Development: http://nikpeachey.blogspot.com/
      News and Tips: http://quickshout.blogspot.com/
      Student Activities: http://daily-english-activities.blogspot.com/
      On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NikPeachey