Arguing the crisis, working with clouds and playing with balls!

  • Karenne Sylvester
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2009
      Posted up a couple of things on my blogs that might be interesting for you guys (I hope!)

      On Kalinago

      I made a lesson plan using a really chaotic interview with Nouriel Roubini and Nassim Taleb on the financial crisis - http://tiny.cc/LrUwO (complete with worksheets -plus activity for physical learners). Don't hesitate to give me any feedback, constructive criticism, etc.

      It's an ESP lesson - was a tough one to get right and welcome to your thoughts on what I did with the vocabulary and phrases. Note it's very much only aimed at those teaching English in the financial sector, top level management types!

      I also wrote another tech-tips for teachers, this one's on making word clouds and ideas to go with - am pretty sure you all are already know about these but if not, http://tiny.cc/A8FGU -and if you've more tips to add, go on ahead!

      And for our language learners I've also written up a number of postings, most importantly on

      Business English Idioms: playing with balls - http://tiny.cc/MucmV
      Common errors: mixing up the words for date, meetings and appointments - http://tiny.cc/XbM40

      Take care and if this is a cross-posting, many apologies!