ltsig website is down

  • Gary Motteram
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4 12:41 AM
      Hi All, just to let you know that the ltsig website is currently down, we are trying to get it back up again asap.

      If you are trying to register for the Milan event, you can do so via the IATEFL website. We will place a version of the programme elsewhere for the time being.

      Apologies for this, we'll sort it as quickly as we can.

      Cheers
      Gary
    • Gavin Dudeney
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10 6:19 AM
        Join us for IATEFL Cardiff Online - 'one of the biggest global teacher
        development events ever'

        The Cardiff Online website is now live at:
        <http://iatefl.britishcouncil.org/2009>
        http://iatefl.britishcouncil.org/2009

        The 'Cardiff Online' project is British Council / IATEFL partnership
        which will provide online conference coverage of this year's Cardiff
        IATEFL Conference.

        If you can't attend the Cardiff conference, follow the event online!

        Cardiff Online will provide teacher audiences worldwide with an
        opportunity to share ideas with colleagues before, during and after the
        conference.

        Please see below for some background information, which I hope you`ll
        find useful.

        Hope you can join us!

        Julian Wing
        British Council Cardiff Online Project Manager

        ~~~~~~~~~ PROMOTING CARDIFF ONLINE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        We'd like to encourage Teacher Associations, ELT institutions and ELT
        bloggers to carry a link to Cardiff Online on their website, newsletter
        or blog so we can spread the message and encourage more people to take
        part in Cardiff Online.

        We've produced some web banners which are available in different shapes
        and sizes on the Cardiff Online website at:
        <http://iatefl.britishcouncil.org/2009/cardiff-promotion>
        http://iatefl.britishcouncil.org/2009/cardiff-promotion

        ~~~~~~~~~ CARDIFF ONLINE BACKGROUND ~~~~~~~~~~~~

        IATEFL CARDIFF CONFERENCE: CARDIFF ONLINE WEBSITE NOW LIVE!

        Online conference coverage of the 43rd IATEFL Conference

        The Cardiff Online website is now live at:
        <http://iatefl.britishcouncil.org/2009>
        http://iatefl.britishcouncil.org/2009

        The British Council and IATEFL have launched the Cardiff Online website
        which offers web coverage of this year's 43rd IATEFL Annual Conference
        in Cardiff.

        The Cardiff Online website allows remote participants to take part in
        one of the world's biggest ELT conferences through a variety of
        resources including:

        - Video recordings of selected sessions
        - Audio recordings of selected sessions
        - Live streamed plenaries and events
        - Moderated special interest discussion forums
        - Chat sessions
        - Blogs and photo albums

        To visit the Cardiff Online website, go to:
        <http://iatefl.britishcouncil.org/2009>
        http://iatefl.britishcouncil.org/2009

        This initiative builds on the earlier collaboration between the British
        Council and IATEFL.

        Last year, 1,600 teachers and trainers attended the Exeter IATEFL
        Conference, and over 5,000 participated online.

        This year we expect a much larger audience, and this is a real
        opportunity to take part in the biggest online ELT training community.

        The Cardiff Online website gives you an opportunity to share ideas with
        teachers all around the world. There will be interactive coverage with
        video presentations, reports and interviews 'almost live' from Cardiff.

        We look forward to meeting you online, and hope that you will share this
        information with your colleagues worldwide.

        Gavin Dudeney - Honorary Secretary, IATEFL
        Julian Wing - British Council Cardiff Online Project Manager
        Nik Peachey - IATEFL Online Editor

        ~~~~~~~~ IATEFL Press Release - March 2009 ~~~~~~~~~~

        There are many thousands of professionals for whom attending the
        conference is usually no more than a dream because of the costs involved
        in travel to UK. This year plans are afoot to make the event accessible
        to many thousands more participants from around the globe through a
        virtual community space, known as 'Cardiff Online'
        <http://iatefl.britishcouncil.org/2009>
        http://iatefl.britishcouncil.org/2009

        This initiative builds on the groundwork laid at our two previous
        conferences. It is an exciting and truly ground-breaking innovation made
        possible through collaboration between IATEFL and The British Council,
        and one that is very much in line with the charitable aims of IATEFL. It
        promises to be one of the biggest global teacher development events
        ever.

        So what happens? A teacher in Mongolia, or Nepal, Venezuela or Ethiopia
        will be able to sign up and participate in the conference from their own
        country. All the plenary talks, as well as a sizable number of other
        presentations will be shown live over the Net or recorded and made
        available on the conference site. We will also have forums to discuss
        all aspects of our profession, photo albums, chat sessions and prizes
        especially for our remote participants. A large team will be in place
        behind the scenes to bring the event to the remote audience, which is
        anticipated to be in the region of 20,000 participants.

        This year certainly promises to be different.

        Marion Williams

        President, IATEFL

        c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain

        Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770

        http://www.theconsultants-e.com <http://www.theconsultants-e.com/>

        Sole Online Providers: CertIBET and CertICT - http://tinyurl.com/3s3mm7

        Winners: 2007 British Council ELTON award - http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54

        Winners: 2007 Ben Warren Trust Prize - <http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4>
        http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4

        Owners: Second Life EduNation sims - http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw

        CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

      • Graham Davies
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 11 6:02 AM
          Just joined - looks interesting already.

          Graham