evaluation through computers

  • Pratibha Gupta
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2009
      I wanted to know how can we score learners various language skills through computers. I have observed testing through internet in TOFEL test, yet not aware about its scoring processes.Could you help me in this regard?

    • anithadeviv
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2009
        Dear Pratibha,
        The scoring process is inbuilt in most of the quiz on the internet
        (mostly Java or HTML). That is what you've observed. In an intranet
        setting (like language laboratory) you can using quiz in a teacher
        console software and assign the marks for the correct answer and
        generate the quiz.This is before administering the test.

        One thing about the process of scoring is that it works well for
        closed end items like multiple choice, fill in the blanks.I have used
        teacher console software like HiClass Quiz and also created quiz using
        Flash.

        Anitha

        --- In LearningTechnologiesSIG@yahoogroups.com, Pratibha Gupta
        <p10gupta@...> wrote:

        > I wanted to know how can we score learners various language skills
        through computers. I have observed testing through internet in TOFEL
        test, yet not aware about its scoring processes.Could you help me in
        this regard?

      • Graham Davies
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2009
          There is a module on Computer Aided Assessment (CAA) and language
          learning at the ICT4LT website:

          Module 4.1
          http://www.ict4lt.org/en/en_mod4-1.htm

          Graham Davies