upgrade Moodle?

  • steve@stuff.co.uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2008
      Dear all,
      I am wondering about upgrading Moodle from version 1.8 to 1.9.

      Is it worth it do you think?

      Is the upgrade process risky?

      Thanks

      Steve Chadwick
    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2008
        --- In LearningTechnologiesSIG@yahoogroups.com, steve@... wrote:

        > Dear all,
        > I am wondering about upgrading Moodle from version 1.8 to 1.9.
        >
        > Is it worth it do you think?
        >
        > Is the upgrade process risky?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Steve Chadwick

        Hi Steve
        I'd say it was well worth it. The latest versions of moodle are always
        likely to be more secure and offer the best versions of modules.
        http://docs.moodle.org/en/Release_Notes#Other_major_improvements gives
        an overview of improvements.
        When upgrading, just make sure you make backups of all key files -
        your mysql or postgres database, all moodledata, themes. The
        documentation on moodle.org covers this well.
        Good luck!
        Jeff Stanford